• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

Reading comprehension isn't lots of people around here's strongpoint. There are valid reasons to not ride the 'bike lane.' Try it and see.

Till then, your projection of selfisness, etc is more a reflection of you, than the cyclist you encounter. Typical leftist: that's how I feel, so that must be what that cyclist is feeling too. Doesn't work like that. Most of us are trying to get down the road safely. It's the mouth breathers in cars that are the problem.

Since I'm in VA:

§ 46.2-800. Riding bicycles, electric personal assistive mobility devices, electric power-assisted bicycles, mopeds, or motorized skateboards or scooters; riding or driving animals.​

Every person riding a bicycle, electric personal assistive mobility device, electric power-assisted bicycle, moped, motorized skateboard or scooter, or animal or driving an animal on a highway shall be subject to the provisions of this chapter and shall have all of the rights and duties applicable to the driver of a vehicle, unless the context of the provision clearly indicates otherwise.

Bicycles are traffic too. I'll bet your state has similar if not verbatim language in it's laws. Treat a cyclist like you would another car and everything's fine. I've got a hint: look past the hood of your car, put down the soy latte and your phone and actually pay attention to driving that multi-ton vehicle that can and does kill. /problem

M
What you are failing to point out is that cyclists must also obey traffic laws like they are vehicles. This is where the rub is.

Apparently cyclists that want to go 15 mph+ don't like being stuck behind folks going 2 to 3 mph....
Yet they think vehicles that want to be going 50 mph+ should be perfectly happy to be stuck behind their slow asses because...
Virtue signalling triumphs everything...

That is really what you are saying.

You don't want to use that nice fancy big bike and multi-use trail because there may be other stupid slow people on it, making you have to slow to a crawl or stop.

But you are all indignant that vehicle drivers don't like your slow ass on the road blocking them or making them have to slow to a crawl or stop and be at great risk from being rear ended.

1669119819_33lzlxvs2f.jpg

Reading comprehension isn't lots of people around here's strongpoint. There are valid reasons to not ride the 'bike lane.' Try it and see.

Till then, your projection of selfisness, etc is more a reflection of you, than the cyclist you encounter. Typical leftist: that's how I feel, so that must be what that cyclist is feeling too. Doesn't work like that. Most of us are trying to get down the road safely. It's the mouth breathers in cars that are the problem.

Since I'm in VA:

§ 46.2-800. Riding bicycles, electric personal assistive mobility devices, electric power-assisted bicycles, mopeds, or motorized skateboards or scooters; riding or driving animals.​

Every person riding a bicycle, electric personal assistive mobility device, electric power-assisted bicycle, moped, motorized skateboard or scooter, or animal or driving an animal on a highway shall be subject to the provisions of this chapter and shall have all of the rights and duties applicable to the driver of a vehicle, unless the context of the provision clearly indicates otherwise.

Bicycles are traffic too. I'll bet your state has similar if not verbatim language in it's laws. Treat a cyclist like you would another car and everything's fine. I've got a hint: look past the hood of your car, put down the soy latte and your phone and actually pay attention to driving that multi-ton vehicle that can and does kill. /problem

M
The plate on that so-called "mouth breathers" car says he has paid for the right to use that highway. When the traffic snarling cyclists start paying their fair share, then you can argue.

Been involved in two auto/bike accidents. Both times the cyclists ran into the side of my vehicle as I was making a legal left turn and they had either a red light or stop sign. Both times the cyclist screamed I wasn't paying attention. Both times the cyclist was cited. Both times I had to pay to repair my vehicle.

I rode for more than four decades until health issues put an end to that. I did everything I could to avoid the, (IMO deserved) cyclist stigma including not riding with a pack or on high traffic streets/roads. The only exception being an occasional race where the streers were closed to traffic.

A vehicle passing with three or more feet doesn't offend me.
Do you mean to tell me that the biker's required liability insurance didn't pay for your repairs? /s/

Did you not read why 'bike lanes' aren't safe?

Since you're not a cyclist, you may not want to comment on things you don't understand.

Once you've become a cyclist and realize that there's a reason most of us do what we do, THEN I'll listen to your leftist kvetching

M
Leftist? LOL Not very smart are you boy. But then what can be expected from someone that likes to dress up in neon spandex and ride a bike in traffic.

Bike lanes are unsafe? Yet it was YOU bicyclists that DEMANDED them. Paid for by fuel taxes on the rest of us. Often taking away room for another vehicle lane that congests traffic. You cyclists also demanded the laws that can make it pretty unsafe for a vehicle to pass you on the road, as in many cases there simply isn't enough room to give you the mandated clearance those laws require. Especially when you idiots decide to ride two (or more) abreast.

I don't give a fuck why you cyclists do what you do on the ROADS that are made for CARS. This isn't 1910 where cars were few and far between with those on the roads only traveling at about 30mph.

I'm a cyclist, and I agree that there are cyclists who don't follow the rules, and there can be consequences there (look up how Nicky Hayden died), and just like irresponsible gun owners (know any of those) they are the ones that people who don't like bikes hold up for examples.

That said, on the road I've had trash, coins, cans and a radiator hose thrown at me, had someone swerve across from the oncoming lane to scare me, and had a triaxle dump squeeze me into the ditch all on open 2 lane blacktop where nobody was being delayed by anything. Not to mention the host of unintelligible yelling (Doppler shift ya know)

I also had an old couple on the way home from church drag me down the side of a Chevy Silverado trying to make a right turn through me.

One thing about intersections from a cyclist perspective. Waiting 3 cars back is harder for everyone except the 3 cars in front of you. If you are at a foot down stop taking off is slow and most people aren't going to track a perfect line, and the cars that want to get by you are you between you and oncoming traffic, and the cyclist is trapped between the side of the road and the people wanting to pass.

The best thing for all is that the cyclist moves to the front right side of the straight lane and starts up and goes straight through the intersection on green. It gives everyone the most room. The challenge comes in where the cyclist has to hold his line to get his piece of tarmack on the other side of the intersection.

Same think applies in left turn lanes. Get to the front, follow the signals, and stay wide to let cars pass, hold a steady line and dont get pushed into the curb.

I’m a cyclist, and I HATE the cyclist that ride around here. Rude arrogant assholes. With that being said, the bicycle arguments, regardless of your position, aren’t motivational, nor do they have pictures, so in my new favorite words from Lowlight, “fuck off nerds” !
ED21C1B3-D00B-4196-83ED-DE14C17C5A67.png