• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1669183242247.png

Hey, I am not judging. It is a warning for anyone that is not experienced. Target fixation type thing. They see the shiny object and charge then blam!! She gets out the toys!!! They turn into a deer in the headlights and you are this guy
47D5DD44-558A-49AD-A3FC-BC7134E478D0.gif

Aaannnddd.....??? Like, what's the problem? Is that, like, not normal?

Bike lane provided and you want to ride in the car lane...fuck you and you deserve to get run over.
Did you not read why 'bike lanes' aren't safe?

Since you're not a cyclist, you may not want to comment on things you don't understand.

Once you've become a cyclist and realize that there's a reason most of us do what we do, THEN I'll listen to your leftist kvetching

M

Did you not read why 'bike lanes' aren't safe?

Since you're not a cyclist, you may not want to comment on things you don't understand.

Once you've become a cyclist and realize that there's a reason most of us do what we do, THEN I'll listen to your leftist kvetching

M

Betcha run stop signs and red lights because it's "safer".

I did. I gave him ample clearance as passed. Speaking of doing unto others, I was using the lane provided for me to travel upon. He was using my lane instead of the lane provided specifically for him and his ilk. He chose not to use it.

Like I said. Fuck him. 🤣😎

Oh yeah. I actually do cycle, but find it much less stressful to use the more than ample 8 foot fucking wide lane provided for this exact purpose. Was that you?!? 😘
Reading comprehension isn't lots of people around here's strongpoint. There are valid reasons to not ride the 'bike lane.' Try it and see.

Till then, your projection of selfisness, etc is more a reflection of you, than the cyclist you encounter. Typical leftist: that's how I feel, so that must be what that cyclist is feeling too. Doesn't work like that. Most of us are trying to get down the road safely. It's the mouth breathers in cars that are the problem.

Since I'm in VA:

§ 46.2-800. Riding bicycles, electric personal assistive mobility devices, electric power-assisted bicycles, mopeds, or motorized skateboards or scooters; riding or driving animals.​

Every person riding a bicycle, electric personal assistive mobility device, electric power-assisted bicycle, moped, motorized skateboard or scooter, or animal or driving an animal on a highway shall be subject to the provisions of this chapter and shall have all of the rights and duties applicable to the driver of a vehicle, unless the context of the provision clearly indicates otherwise.

Bicycles are traffic too. I'll bet your state has similar if not verbatim language in it's laws. Treat a cyclist like you would another car and everything's fine. I've got a hint: look past the hood of your car, put down the soy latte and your phone and actually pay attention to driving that multi-ton vehicle that can and does kill. /problem

M

Reactions: sierra2
Betcha run stop signs and red lights because it's "safer".
Nope. ...but I'm not riding in an urban area either. I live in what was farmland till a few years ago.

I will follow the law and wait 2 min or 2 cycles if a light won't turn tho.

I'll give you a for example of 'why a cyclist would ride in the road instead of on the 'bike path'' from my ride to work: There's *A* 'bike path' on the northbound side of the main road to work. It's mostly OK going to work. Cars are looking your way to make right turns. Tho leff turners are still a problem just like on a motorcycle. It's not optimal because people turning right are still likely to 'forget' they just passed a cyclist doing 20ish mph and will right hook you.

Coming home, I'm riding against traffic in that 'bike lane.' That gets even more interesting as people turning don't come close to seeing you. I've had a clear intersection and people have turned left only to see me halfway thru the intersection. Thankfully, no one's been in a collision as they're trying to beat the traffic coming at them, but it isn't safe no matter what you non-cyclists think.

I've taken to going the wrong way down a 1-lane road with a shoulder instead of crossing that intersection. It's actually safer.

M

Nope. ...but I'm not riding in an urban area either. I live in what was farmland till a few years ago.

I will follow the law and wait 2 min or 2 cycles if a light won't turn tho.

I'll give you a for example of 'why a cyclist would ride in the road instead of on the 'bike path'' from my ride to work: There's *A* 'bike path' on the northbound side of the main road to work. It's mostly OK going to work. Cars are looking your way to make right turns. Tho leff turners are still a problem just like on a motorcycle. It's not optimal because people turning right are still likely to 'forget' they just passed a cyclist doing 20ish mph and will right hook you.

Coming home, I'm riding against traffic in that 'bike lane.' That gets even more interesting as people turning don't come close to seeing you. I've had a clear intersection and people have turned left only to see me halfway thru the intersection. Thankfully, no one's been in a collision as they're trying to beat the traffic coming at them, but it isn't safe no matter what you non-cyclists think.

I've taken to going the wrong way down a 1-lane road with a shoulder instead of crossing that intersection. It's actually safer.

M

Been involved in two auto/bike accidents. Both times the cyclists ran into the side of my vehicle as I was making a legal left turn and they had either a red light or stop sign. Both times the cyclist screamed I wasn't paying attention. Both times the cyclist was cited. Both times I had to pay to repair my vehicle.

I rode for more than four decades until health issues put an end to that. I did everything I could to avoid the, (IMO deserved) cyclist stigma including not riding with a pack or on high traffic streets/roads. The only exception being an occasional race where the streers were closed to traffic.

A vehicle passing with three or more feet doesn't offend me.

Looking at the whole topic, just like drivers, some are good, pay attention and watch out for the retards, whoever they may be. Thing is, the consequence is greater for the retard on a bike. I had to laugh the other day, a bike rider runs a stop sign and yells at the car driver to pay attention.