• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

2C3097F6-060D-40D0-8D74-7085508B2F6B.jpeg

I guess there are lots of caveats before a psychologist can issue in AZ. I thought it was all, but it's not. They must have additional stuff.

Prescribing Psychologists

• Required to have a PsyD or PhD.
  • Required to have a 2 year Masters in Psychopharmacology
  • Required to have supervised clinical hours under a currently licensed prescribing physician
  • Required to pass licensing exam
Arizona psychos self-medicate.....
or at least that's my understanding after watching the news!

Reactions: lash
I guess there are lots of caveats before a psychologist can issue in AZ. I thought it was all, but it's not. They must have additional stuff.

Prescribing Psychologists

• Required to have a PsyD or PhD.
  • Required to have a 2 year Masters in Psychopharmacolog <-- Quite important, in order to know about all the drugs you could prescribe and their effects, etc. etc But probably not a full year long pharmacology class an MD/DDS/DMD would have to take.
  • Required to have supervised clinical hours under a currently licensed prescribing physician
  • Required to pass licensing exam <--- Probably what gets them their DEA #..

The reason I know about this is:

1) I'm a retired EMT and was a PIT (Paramedic in Training) Even we almost had to have a full pharmacology course to know about the drugs we might encounter in the field that our patients might be taking, combined with the drugs we'd have to administer (including Controlled Substances), You'd be amazed at all the controls and documentation we had to go through to administer Narcs like Morphine Sulfate. And you had best get it absolutely perfect, or the DEA would be all over your a$$.

2) My dad was a dentist (DDS) and had his own DEA#, as he would often have to prescribe Narcs and other controlled substances for pain mgt., combined with the drugs he'd administer for analgesia/anesthesia.

Hell, where I used to live there were (at the time) no such thing as "Physicians Assistants..." primarily because the MDs always wanted to keep control over everything and get paid for everything. So, no way would a "psychologist" be allowed to get a DEA# and prescribe.

Last edited:

The picture had me scratching my head when the article mentioned a .30cal... so ...

Finding a movable tripod platform used for gunnery training, Finn attached the.50 caliber machine gun and pushed the platform into an open area, from which he had a clear view of the attacking aircraft. He fired on the Japanese planes for the next two hours, even after being seriously wounded, until the attack had ended. In total, he received 21 distinct wounds, including a bullet through his right foot and an injury to his left shoulder, which caused him to lose feeling in his left arm.[4]
Finding a movable tripod platform used for gunnery training, Finn attached the .50 caliber machine gun and pushed the platform into an open area, from which he had a clear view of the attacking aircraft. He fired on the Japanese planes for the next two hours, even after being seriously wounded, until the attack had ended. In total, he received 21 distinct wounds, including a bullet through his right foot and an injury to his left shoulder, which caused him to lose feeling in his left arm.[4]

The picture had me scratching my head when the article mentioned a .30cal... so ...

Finding a movable tripod platform used for gunnery training, Finn attached the.50 caliber machine gun and pushed the platform into an open area, from which he had a clear view of the attacking aircraft. He fired on the Japanese planes for the next two hours, even after being seriously wounded, until the attack had ended. In total, he received 21 distinct wounds, including a bullet through his right foot and an injury to his left shoulder, which caused him to lose feeling in his left arm.[4]
Finding a movable tripod platform used for gunnery training, Finn attached the .50 caliber machine gun and pushed the platform into an open area, from which he had a clear view of the attacking aircraft. He fired on the Japanese planes for the next two hours, even after being seriously wounded, until the attack had ended. In total, he received 21 distinct wounds, including a bullet through his right foot and an injury to his left shoulder, which caused him to lose feeling in his left arm.[4]

Thank you for the correction, still motivating as all get out!

Eh. If you go by BMI, which most of these statistics do, I’m on the line of being obese. I’m 6’3” and 230 lbs at 10% body fat. That’s hardly obese.
When they use a chart like this, most folks are above normal. I’m 72” tall but have not been 177 pounds since 10th grade. Granted, there are many folks that are way over weight but they should stop using this chart for overall health and fitness level.

10FB864F-0BD3-4AD9-AE86-DA03EB54F7A5.jpeg

A PhD is not a Shrink
  • A PhD (Doctor of Philosophy) is a doctoral research degree and the highest level of academic qualification you can achieve.
  • A psychiatrist is a physician who specializes in psychiatry, the branch of medicine devoted to the diagnosis, prevention, study, and treatment of mental disorders. Psychiatrists are physicians and evaluate patients to determine whether their symptoms are the result of a physical illness,
Yes Psychiatrist- MD
then
Psychologist can be PhD rare today because one must produce and defend a thesis
PsyD much more common watered down clinical degree no thesis production or defense needed
MSW Social worker who treats the nuts for less money / session

Reactions: lash
When they use a chart like this, most folks are above normal. I’m 72” tall but have not been 177 pounds since 10th grade. Granted, there are many folks that are way over weight but they should stop using this chart for overall health and fitness level.

View attachment 8015950
Is this chart from the same intellects that brought us infection rate calculations/morbidity rates?

View attachment 8015950
100% this chart is for the regular guy who doesnt train or lift

if you have any sort of muscle on you...you wind up in the obese catagory

View attachment 8015950

Well, at least I'm not "extremely obese!" Anyway, I think all these medical "reference ranges" for tests, obesity,levels, A1C, etc. are all "fungible" anyway in order to promote the "weight loss" industry. And they get worse with time. I recall when an A1C of 7.0 was the beginning of the Diabetic range. Now, it;'s like 5.5 or something. I would always get pi$$ed at my doctor because they would force me to weigh myself outside the exam room (a public area) such that you had to keep your clothes on (which adds 4-5 extra pounds. I always weigh myself just before I step into the shower (and before breakfast, etc. etc.). To me, every ounce counts. But they try to put as much weight on you as they can to force you into their weight loss programs. Bluuuucccchhh! :mad::poop:

Precisely. It's only my "junk food belly" that's at issue with me (I don't drink beer). My arms & legs are all muscle... and that does add weight.

Interesting... Do the psychologists in AZ get DEA #'s so they can write prescriptions, independently? Where I used to live, only licensed MD, DDS, DMD, etc. can obtain a DEA# and write scripts that would be honored by a pharmacy.
They can write scripts here in GA. I was on anxiety meds for many years.

But for medical folks and your insurance company, they don’t care why you are outside of the acceptable range, only that you are above “normal” so you present an increased medical risk. I spent a large part of my life in the gym but when I had my latest surgery last September, I had to get the lecture from the anesthesiologist of how me being above normal increases my risk of complications.

Reactions: fx77
Right. A Psychiatrist has an MD and can prescribe drugs. The others cannot.
Not exactly so. Some PhDs do have limited prescriptive authority and some PhDs are shrinks, if their doctorate is in clinic psychology and they are licensed to practice.

Damn, I've been slow all day. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Yes Psychiatrist- MD
then
Psychologist can be PhD rare today because one must produce and defend a thesis
PsyD much more common watered down clinical degree no thesis production or defense needed
MSW Social worker who treats the nuts for less money / session
Incorrect about PsyD being watered down. It's the same amount of schooling as the PhD track and does require a thesis. It also requires practicum hours ( like residence for an MD). PsyD is generally a clinical and treatment based education while PhD in psychology is geared more towards research. My wife has a PsyD and is the head of psychology for our states maximum security women's prison. Her graduate school uses her thesis as part of their instruction on schizophrenia.

View attachment 8015950
I’m 74” and 230 lbs, I also have 18% body fat by water displacement testing so this chart is trash.

View attachment 8015950
Is this the Ethiopian BMI index?

Not exactly so. Some PhDs do have limited prescriptive authority and some PhDs are shrinks, if their doctorate is in clinic psychology and they are licensed to practice.

Damn, I've been slow all day. :ROFLMAO:

"Licensed" being the operative word. If they took the licensure exam for that State and then got a DEA# as a result, then they could write scripts per the restrictions of that license/DEA#.

Last edited:
Reactions: BLEE
Incorrect about PsyD being watered down. It's the same amount of schooling as the PhD track and does require a thesis. It also requires practicum hours ( like residence for an MD). PsyD is generally a clinical and treatment based education while PhD in psychology is geared more towards research. My wife has a PsyD and is the head of psychology for our states maximum security women's prison. Her graduate school uses her thesis as part of their instruction on schizophrenia.
She is a qualified exception to the mean.

View attachment 8015950
Do I get to play victim and feel discriminated against if I’m off the chart in height?

• Haha
Reactions: nikonNUT and lash