• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1675409286981.png

Those are not my rifles. They are Remington long range Creedmoor rifles. I used to have a mid range Creedmoor but sold it a long time ago.

View attachment 8065330

View attachment 8065331
View attachment 8065334
Thank you for sharing.
That’s a book I will try to pick up.
I have an Italian copy of the sharps rifle in 45-70 and it is great fun to shoot out to 300 yds. I have read that Sharps rifles were available from 45-70 to 45-120. The Quigley Shiloh Sharps rifle was 45-110. A very interesting part of our history.

85857D4A-2F05-4825-B768-C0CE3802EBDF.jpeg

Thank you for sharing.
That’s a book I will try to pick up.
I have an Italian copy of the sharps rifle in 45-70 and it is great fun to shoot out to 300 yds. I have read that Sharps rifles were available from 45-70 to 45-120. The Quigley Shiloh Sharps rifle was 45-110. A very interesting part of our history.

View attachment 8065563
There is a whole ‘nuther world of shooting that is BPCR (black powder cartridge rifles) . It is way deeper than we can get into here. Winchester called them 45-70 or 45-110 etc, the purists call them by their Sharps designation e.g., Sharps 45-2 1/10 or Sharps 45 2-7/8 respectively. There are at least 4 of the 45 cal straight walled cases, and a bunch of others.

As for the Creedmoor matches, the US F Class team has been shooting regular matches with the Irish for a few yrs now. They call it the Emerald Cup ☘️. It’s a huge deal there. As I recall the team met with the Irish PM a couple of yrs ago. Private firearms ownership being what it is there.

There is a whole ‘nuther world of shooting that is BPCR (black powder cartridge rifles) . It is way deeper than we can get into here. Winchester called them 45-70 or 45-110 etc, the purists call them by their Sharps designation e.g., Sharps 45-2 1/10 or Sharps 45 2-7/8 respectively. There are at least 4 of the 45 cal straight walled cases, and a bunch of others.

As for the Creedmoor matches, the US F Class team has been shooting regular matches with the Irish for a few yrs now. They call it the Emerald Cup ☘️. It’s a huge deal there. As I recall the team met with the Irish PM a couple of yrs ago. Private firearms ownership being what it is there.
Thank you for sharing,
I'm a member of an old German shooting club that was founded in 1887.

black powder rifles is something I would like to get in to.
I will be traveling for the next three days, so will get back with details later.

Reactions: 6.5SH and Kjb1796
An event being held at SMU. They took a lot of heat and have since recanted the "all ages welcome".

1675441225094.png