• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1675410828765.png

Those are not my rifles. They are Remington long range Creedmoor rifles. I used to have a mid range Creedmoor but sold it a long time ago.

View attachment 8065330

View attachment 8065331
View attachment 8065334
Thank you for sharing.
That’s a book I will try to pick up.
I have an Italian copy of the sharps rifle in 45-70 and it is great fun to shoot out to 300 yds. I have read that Sharps rifles were available from 45-70 to 45-120. The Quigley Shiloh Sharps rifle was 45-110. A very interesting part of our history.

85857D4A-2F05-4825-B768-C0CE3802EBDF.jpeg

Thank you for sharing.
That’s a book I will try to pick up.
I have an Italian copy of the sharps rifle in 45-70 and it is great fun to shoot out to 300 yds. I have read that Sharps rifles were available from 45-70 to 45-120. The Quigley Shiloh Sharps rifle was 45-110. A very interesting part of our history.

View attachment 8065563
There is a whole ‘nuther world of shooting that is BPCR (black powder cartridge rifles) . It is way deeper than we can get into here. Winchester called them 45-70 or 45-110 etc, the purists call them by their Sharps designation e.g., Sharps 45-2 1/10 or Sharps 45 2-7/8 respectively. There are at least 4 of the 45 cal straight walled cases, and a bunch of others.

As for the Creedmoor matches, the US F Class team has been shooting regular matches with the Irish for a few yrs now. They call it the Emerald Cup ☘️. It’s a huge deal there. As I recall the team met with the Irish PM a couple of yrs ago. Private firearms ownership being what it is there.

There is a whole ‘nuther world of shooting that is BPCR (black powder cartridge rifles) . It is way deeper than we can get into here. Winchester called them 45-70 or 45-110 etc, the purists call them by their Sharps designation e.g., Sharps 45-2 1/10 or Sharps 45 2-7/8 respectively. There are at least 4 of the 45 cal straight walled cases, and a bunch of others.

As for the Creedmoor matches, the US F Class team has been shooting regular matches with the Irish for a few yrs now. They call it the Emerald Cup ☘️. It’s a huge deal there. As I recall the team met with the Irish PM a couple of yrs ago. Private firearms ownership being what it is there.
Thank you for sharing,
I'm a member of an old German shooting club that was founded in 1887.

black powder rifles is something I would like to get in to.
I will be traveling for the next three days, so will get back with details later.

Reactions: 6.5SH and Kjb1796
An event being held at SMU. They took a lot of heat and have since recanted the "all ages welcome".

1675441225094.png

There is a whole ‘nuther world of shooting that is BPCR (black powder cartridge rifles)

Many people don't realize how amazing loading for them is because it is the simplest, yet potentially most complicated handloading there is. You can literally just fill the case all the way to the top, jam a bullet on it and shoot it. And it may shoot very well. On the other end of the spectrum is the potential for far and away the most complicated loading, that makes a bench rest shooter's minutia look simple. There are so many additional variables and combinations of same that you can make yourself crazy exploring them all.

Last edited: