• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

weirdgirls-23.jpg

View attachment 8155951
Somebody had a perfect run last weekend.
.000 on the tree
And right on the dial at the stripe.
Perfect run, but some of the most boring racing to watch. Stupid slow 60 foot times. Leave the line, fall flat on their face then MPH out the back door. About 3 pair of Super Comp or Super Gas passes is all I can watch. Electronic racing at it's finest!!!
Give me some nostalgic stick shift cars!

Man.... This (Xanterra) brought back a few "unpleasant" memories for me. Only, in my case, it was inside the Grand Canyon Natl. Park and it had nothing to do with bears. Apparently, Xanterra also operates (or operated back in 2006) the "El Tovar" Hotel, inside the park and, perhaps, a few of the other eateries inside the park. Gorgeous views of the canyon right from your room, some of the rooms having outside porches, etc. Great, if you are at least a "couple" or a group or family staying there. But, if you're there, alone, as a "solitary traveler," it sucks, big time.

The room I was assigned was this tiny little "eve" room on the opposite side of the building (with a view of the main parking lot). And there was no changing their minds on that. Furthermore, The main dining room at the EL Tovar had seating in tables of 4, along the canyon view side. Only tables of 4. Meaning, you had to be at least a "couple," if not a group/family to be seated along the canyon view side. A solitary traveler was never going to be seated at one of those tables. In fact, I had made reservations there for 5:30pm, while the place was totally empty (the dinner crowd starting at about 7:00p). When I arrived, the manager told me, "I can't seat you there." Where did he seat me? At a small table for 2 right behind the serving island!

I guess they figure my money is not as green as a couple or family/group. And, you'd figure they'd have at least one or two "tables for 2" or even a single seat bar, that faces the canyon view for people like me that like to travel alone. After all, a group or family isn't going to spend the majority of their time looking out the window. They're going to be busy talking/eating! I cancelled that reservation and the subsequent ones that I had booked. But what I found was that "all" of the eateries along the canyon strip operate that way. I was lucky to find a small eatery that let me sit at the large table one morning for breakfast.

Anyway, "hospitality" companies like Xanterra know how to maximize their profits and cater only to those who spend larger amounts of $$$, per cover. I will never patronize one of their establishments, ever again! :mad: :poop:

Last edited:
Perfect run, but some of the most boring racing to watch. Stupid slow 60 foot times. Leave the line, fall flat on their face then MPH out the back door. About 3 pair of Super Comp or Super Gas passes is all I can watch. Electronic racing at it's finest!!!
Give me some nostalgic stick shift cars!
351521951_573230661373873_3186729774550947245_n.jpeg