• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

missed one…

i-KVWbV4w.jpg
Want a short time Sailor ? 😳

I had the privilege to spend a week in Normandy for the 75th anniversary of D-Day. It was a truly humbling experience, and the local people are amazing as well as genuinely sincere in their gratitude for what was done for them. If you have any means to go and walk those hallowed grounds, it will change your life.
I also have been there, words cannot explain what it is like to walk through the entrance to that cemetery and see white crosses and star's of David as far as you can see. everyone in our group were talking and when we walked in it was instantly silent. I watched that same scenario of awe and respect played out over and over.
I was living and working in Cherborg for the 50th, there were a few of the soldiers involved in the landing and paratroopers in attendance and we spent hours buying coffee and drinks and listening to stories. Most all had returned for the first time since the war and felt sure it would be their last opportunity. It was truly humbling.

I also have been there, words cannot explain what it is like to walk through the entrance to that cemetery and see white crosses and star's of David as far as you can see. everyone in our group were talking and when we walked in it was instantly silent. I watched that same scenario of awe and respect played out over and over.
I was living and working in Cherborg for the 50th, there were a few of the soldiers involved in the landing and paratroopers in attendance and we spent hours buying coffee and drinks and listening to stories. Most all had returned for the first time since the war and felt sure it would be their last opportunity. It was truly humbling.
I just got corrected by my girlfriend, we were in Normandy for the 45th anniversary and many of the Soldiers were there because they didn’t think they would make it until the 50th.
I guess birthdays are catching up with me too. 😉