• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

I got all excited to see this appear on my display
__f305dc8ea3ec41abfeb7b1e98f3f8acd_width-600.jpeg

Then this followed and I scrolled down

__aac3cec3e1f931eb0167555013cd39f9_width-600.jpeg

The animals that I have marked for my freezer have names. Names don’t stop me from becoming hungry, nor do they stop the bullet and the knife that help make me not hungry. Its the circle of life.

$15/lb in 2017. If that’s in USD. Fillet is more than twice that in some stores now and you have to sell your F-150 to buy a brisket these days. The prices at the sale barn are good for ranchers selling but rebuilding a herd is expensive. If things keep going the way they are with corn, hay and fertilizer it’s only going up from here so I’m buying hay now for the next year and saving all I cut. A buddy of mine that works at the local feed store (the men’s rumor mill around here) estimates that over 75% of the herds in the area are on a note at the bank. That’s a rough time if we don’t get rain.

Last edited:
Lots of extra cows and heifers get put into the meat aisle, it isn’t just bulls and steers. Especially during droughts when herds get thinned out.
Yes, "open" cows and heifers all go to the sale barn and then to the processing plant. Can't keep them around if they aren't going to have a calf.

Open: not bred/pregnant

Last edited:
My uncle had a '70s something, Satellite comes to mind, with an AC vent directly below the steering wheel that blew straight into the drivers crotch. As good of an invention as the automatic headlight dimmer on Dads '59 Olds.

Thank you,
MrSmith
My PawPaw had a 71 Chevy Impala with the same vents for the passenger and driver. Asked him one day what these vents are for and he said they were called “cod coolers”😂 He was a fine man and great fisherman!

Pussy!

My friend's son is a Capt who just asked to get reassigned BACK to 29 after already doing a tour there. He is married and both his kids were born in 29. My friend was stationed in 29 as a Marine as well and loved it.

Our oldest grandson was born in 29 and one time as a kid he stated, "you can't be a pussy and live in 29".
And.. now we know why Marines eat crayons. Their brains were melted beyond normal use.

Reactions: tsmc1989 and TACC
Awesome Independence Day family range day. 9yo son's first 3 shots at the 600 yd range.

Edit:
To clarify, that was the first time he's shot more than 100yds. Prior to that, he'd only shot one round from that gun (6.5x47) at the 100. The only other rifles he's shot are .22lr and 17hmr. He said he forgot to follow through on the 3rd round. Press, break, freeze works. Thanks @Lowlight.

20230704_185334.jpg

Last edited:
My uncle had a '70s something, Satellite comes to mind, with an AC vent directly below the steering wheel that blew straight into the drivers crotch. As good of an invention as the automatic headlight dimmer on Dads '59 Olds.

Thank you,
MrSmith
2000 4Runner SR5.

Keith

Reactions: MrSmith
And.. now we know why Marines eat crayons. Their brains were melted beyond normal use.
As a Marine and later civil service, my family and I lived in 29 Palms for 34 years.

Cost of living was cheap with VERY low crime. Centrally located to all the SoCal attractions without the need to live crammed into the high cost, urban cesspools.

In a couple hours we could be in San Diego, the LA beaches, multiple amusement parks, the mountains, Las Vegas, the Colorado river and even Mexico. All the world famous 4wheeling areas were easily accessed as well.

Thank you,
MrSmith
My old Chevy truck had that. I miss it on my new, 2020, truck.