• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1697504224938.png

OK, I have been following this string of comments.
For a moment, allow me to play the "Devil's Advocate".
Re: The Laws of Nature / survival of the fittest
America was conceived with native's and settlers who had none of the items that have been listed. They had to be a pretty hardy bunch to survive.
Maybe, just maybe a good number of these babies / children / parents should have not survived birth.
Look around at all of the cancer clinics, child disease research hospitals, lawsuits and pharmaceutical boondoggles going on.
There is an entire sub-culture thriving on babies that should not have lived.
The population of America is weak..... The weakest of the weak are surviving.
What happened in the animal world when a species became weak?
Reading about the physical condition of military recruits comes to mind.
Hoping America does not have to fight a war.
to relate what a gal i worked with who had long NICU experience said was why she had to get out-"i got sick of the doctors throwing millions away on every piece of tissue that came out from between somebody's legs." about 20 of my 40 was in icu (adult only). some good work done but very much rescource wasting. we know very well that > 80% of all funding spent on the average person is spent in the last 6 months of life,irrespective of their age. thus,NO benefit obtained by anyone except the "system". as far as hands on,i think bout 60% of the icu nurses i worked with had said that they would be happy to be on one of obama's death panels. pharm,hosp,doctor and lawyer profits and ego are big parts of the problem. unfortunately there is no way for anyone neutral,trustworthy,honorable and informed to be found and put on such a panel. our gov prob gonna try and throw such to some AI deal with hideous results.

That Twitter username was pretty funny (didn’t notice it first go around) so I looked up some more vids on the account.

Imagine how asking her out on a date would go…tased and confused.

Maybe she has a super-traumatic background, but still…tons of cars around…broad daylight… 🤷‍♂️

Fav response: “She needs to lay off the pumpkin spice Starbucks.”
“She can open her own damn jars then.”

Well, at one point... somebody approached the hell out of her... if has has a son...

Feel sorry for that poor dumb bastard.

We have used a sheet many times. Last week we had an elderly man in the bathtub, naked and wet. We rolled up a sheet into a rope. Across his chest, under his armpits, and behind his back. We hoisted him to the side of the tub. Moved out footing, and then hoisted him supine on the floor.

We also no have a tarp called a "Mega Mover" with webbing handles sewn in. When we can't get the cot, stair chair, or any other kind of chair to the patient. We will have 4 carry 1, if there is an Ambulance and Engine Company both on location. It's tricky getting through a 32" door. Guy on the left shoulder, guy on the right shoulder, guy on the left hip, guy on the right hip.

And there's been plenty of times, we've picked up people with no device to help. You can drag someone by putting their shoulder blades to your chest. Your arms under their armpits. My right hand grabs their left wrist. My left hand grabs their right wrist. Crossing their arms across their chest.

Same technique to carry someone. But you add a second carry person facing toward the patient's feet, and grab under their knees. Both rescuers walk with the patient's feet moving forward.

Moving a fully dressed Firefighter. Grab him by the SCBA staps. His tank on your chest, get him as high off the ground as possible and drag. Unless it's too hot, then everyone has to stay low. Hopefully there's a third guy that can put the downed guy's bottom of his knee on his shoulder, and he can push from there. One pulling, one pushing. I never have, and probably never will use the Drag Rescue Device, made into the coat. It gets the downed guy too far away from me, making too much friction on the ground/floor.

It's no wonder our backs, knees, and shoulders get torn up.
Learned all that when I trained as a paramedic, with LA City Fire Sta 55’s , east LA. The guys really helped me out. Good paramedics and a great, older guys station.