• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

86422889.jpg

My Grandfather was born in 1919. Bought his first car at age 12 for $2. He could drive from Burlington Iowa to Ft Madison Iowa (20ish miles) and never see another car. Claimed people would run out of thier homes to wave at him.

When he enlisted prior to WW2, he was assigned as a mechanic to a Armored Calvary unit. His first uniforms included "Saddle Britches" as they had just become "Mechanized".

My paternal grandfather was born in 1895. Served in France during WWI. I still remember him using mules in tobacco fields. He died when I was ten. Wish I had known enough to pick his brain.

Would like to tell my grandfathers (both farmers) that a pickup cost 100K.

My paternal grandfather was born in 1895. Served in France during WWI. I still remember him using mules in tobacco fields. He died when I was ten. Wish I had known enough to pick his brain.

Would like to tell my grandfathers (both farmers) that a pickup cost 100K.
Similar.... My Grandad on my moms side (Canada) was born in 1898.. Imagine the main transportation were horses. He spent 46 months in Europe in WWI. Lived long enough to see man walk on the moon... What times....