• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

398435376_229323396831072_8994073566997238693_n.jpg

This reminds me: do any of you remember the little pieces of wood you could put in the end of a cigarette and they would explode when lit? I did that to a pack of my dad’s Lucky Strikes. Got my little ass busted too.

If I could find those today I’m telling you I would sabotage a couple/dozen cigars in my buddy’s humidor and let nature take its course.

In 2005 after the company had just got back from Fallujah, we had an epic war of exploding cigarette charges amongst the smokers (about 60% of the Marines).

It was constant. Dudes were trying to disract each other while a third party sabotaged a smoke. Guys were physically inspecting each cig they took out before they lit it. Obviously the charges weren't large enough to do much, but they would blow the end of the cigarette off if you used a couple.

One afternoon as everyone was gathered around the company office (and the smokers were smoking), a kid's smoke blew up and we all had a good chuckle about it. One of my fellow SSgts was out smoking with them, and he went on a tirade about professionalism and not messing with other people's stuff, and how childish it is to put exploding charges in cigarettes.

^ While he was in the middle of his speech, he lit a cigarette. No shit as soon as he shut up, he took a drag - and that frigging cigarette of his blew up in his face.

That was probably the hardest I laughed between '04 - '06.

In 2005 after the company had just got back from Fallujah, we had an epic war of exploding cigarette charges amongst the smokers (about 60% of the Marines).

It was constant. Dudes were trying to disract each other while a third party sabotaged a smoke. Guys were physically inspecting each cig they took out before they lit it. Obviously the charges weren't large enough to do much, but they would blow the end of the cigarette off if you used a couple.

One afternoon as everyone was gathered around the company office (and the smokers were smoking), a kid's smoke blew up and we all had a good chuckle about it. One of my fellow SSgts was out smoking with them, and he went on a tirade about professionalism and not messing with other people's stuff, and how childish it is to put exploding charges in cigarettes.

^ While he was in the middle of his speech, he lit a cigarette. No shit as soon as he shut up, he took a drag - and that frigging cigarette of his blew up in his face.

That was probably the hardest I laughed between '04 - '06.
That's funny, same same for us in the late 80s. Some of the funniest times ever.

Yeah, why not? I like it.

I also love the use of the manhole covers as pavers.
I was gonna ask, “why so many manhole covers?”

Kinda cool.

Was thinking there’s some serious plumbing going on under there. A friend of my younger brother lives in GA and he literally created a flowing stream down the hill behind his house; with waterfalls and a nice sized catch basin that looks like a natural pond. A significant investment into that property, but it was cool as hell. Huge pumps and pipes, with manhole covers like those spread across the area if you knew where to look.

Was thinking it was something along those lines, and never even considered their use as pavers! LoL

edit: pic thread rules: After three years in this house, we’re finally (!) getting around to painting the exterior. The previous owners wound up painting it some weird taupe-mauve color that we can’t stand; building the detached garage was the impetus we needed to get the house painted too.

Very motivational to us!

We just submitted the colors to the HOA (yeah, yeah, I know…), but curious what the hide thinks of these three options for the main color on the stucco; can pick only one. Maybe I’ll start a poll, LoL.

IMG_5477.jpeg

Trim and soffit boards are staying the same color; a kind of dark brown…this was the closest we could find for a paint chip (scrap board is painted with actual trim color):

RenderedImage.jpeg

Last edited: