• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

taliban-rollerblading.gif

Reasonably close.

View attachment 8274184

Street bikers are ghey. Dual sport is best sport. Yes, I embrace the douchebaggery with the FDE paint job I did.

I'm the only asshole with this bike with this paint job. Everyone else around has Harleys or Ducatis, or Kawasaki KLX300's Whatever.
I believe we had established that the actual color you chose was “Baby Shit Brown”.

Cliff Clavin time:
Dave Mustane wrote most of the early songs for Metallica. They actually used many of his songs on the next three albums (IIRC) after they kicked him out of the band.
I know, I know.... It's a meme and not supposed to be factual.
Too bad dave didn’t understand (like all lead guitarists), the only person that counts is the lead singer. Plus being a pissy drunk didn’t help his case lol

• Haha
Reactions: Keith E.
Yeah that's I-40 between Lake Havasu and Kingman. Right lane is dogshit

I drove Flagstaff to Kingman on I-40 in 2006. Did not get west of Kingman, though. Had lunch in Kingman and then drove the classic Rt. 66 from Kingman to Seligman, I actually saw the "Barber of Seligman" that waves to everyone as they pass by, before heading north to the GCNP. All part of my "Get your Kicks on Rt. 66" driving tour of Az in July, 2006.

speed limits should be raised everywhere by at least 20%. it is well known but hidden from view that speed is NOT a cause of accidents. it is failure to yield the right of way and impaired driving. also,distracted driving lately because of muffy and other like assholes fucking with a cell phone. speed tickets are just $ for the gov and an excuse for the cops to exercise control. drunk driving a problem? bull shit. every bar i have ever seen has a parking lot. almost anyone in there for 2hr plus will be legally over the limit. here in FL the lt lane slugs come in all and every variety.

Precisely. I've driven the Autobahn in Germany. I was doing 110mph (Mph not Kph) on the Autobahn. People were passing me. Speed is definitely not the problem. It's distracted driving, and what I like to call, "Impedaphobia..." the fear of being "stuck in the pack" of traffic and not "out in front," leading the pack. People will do stupid and dangerous things to get out in front and not let people pass them, etc. etc.

Also, when driving the Autobahn, remember that diesel trucks drive the same speed no matter where they are in the world (50-60 mph). You have to be careful when rounding corners at top Autobahn speeds because you might come upon a truck and have to dart over into the passing lane real quick to get around it. o_O

Also, when driving the Autobahn, remember that diesel trucks drive the same speed no matter where they are in the world (50-60 mph). o_O
You don't get out much do you ?

I've been doing 75-80 mph plenty of times and been passed by fully loaded semi's doing 90+++ mph.
It's not that unusual to see them running that speed on icy roads around here.
During a heavy thunderstorm with 80mph winds and torrential rains, do they slow...oh hell no.

I've been doing 75-80 mph plenty of times and been passed by fully loaded semi's doing 90+++ mph.
During a heavy thunderstorm with 80mph winds and torrential rains, do they slow...oh hell no.

I did the Autobahn back in the 80's, so maybe things have changed. Schedules are tighter Deliveries have to be faster, and speeds have to rise... at least, "unofficially." And remember, over there, they take driving seriously because they know the consequences of accidents. The only thing you can do is speed on the Autobahn. But if you do anything else like "weave in/out of traffic," etc. the cops will nail you and you'll lose your driving privileges for a long time. God help you if you cause an accident, especially with injuries/fatalities.

Not sure where you’re seeing that. In the last 15 yrs or so almost the entire trucking industry has gone to electronic logs, GPS tracking and limiters for insurance reasons. Outside of somewhere in NM or AZ the last time I drove I40 from Knoxville to Flagstaff on my way to PHX I can’t remember the last time I saw a trucker over the speed limit.

So they pull you over for speeding.....and they pull you over for going the speed limit....cant fucking win.

You know damn well if he bumped his speed up 15mph another cop would've pulled him over for speeding.
I
Dude should've asked " so how much faster over the speed limit should I have been driving to be in the left lane?"

Years ago I was riding with my little brother and he refused to move TF over from the fast lane. He stacked up about 20 cars. I told him he needed to move. He said he was keeping everyone at the speed limit. I told him he was a douche. He said it was the law! I wondered why?

Couple years later SC passed the law where the left lane is for passing and it's illegal to hold up traffic. Sent a quick text to my dickhead bro. A great day. Only douchebags sleep in the fast lane.

Last edited:
I started taking this new approach to driving about 5 years ago....it has turned a stressful item into a nothing burger.

I never drive over the speed limit anymore. Im not engaging in road rage. I treat every cutoff, line jumper, and rude person as a friend and/or family member. I dont care about saving 2 minutes on a 30 minunte trip. I dont plot, think about, worry, or even consider my place in line. I just try to be kind on the road like everyone is a close family member. I dont waste energy on that shit anymore, I just dont care. If people fuck up, I just accept they are human.

I promise you, if you take this approach, driving can become a non-stresser. I just leave 5 minutes early and dont care anymore. Somebody thinks I screwed up, I just give them a friendly sorry wave.

I had to change something, because I was on a path to shooting every motherfucker on the road!!! It used to drive me nuts!!!

Ive found other items to stress about.

Drive in the left lane, I dont care anymore, we will all arrive at our destination, maybe 1-2 minutes slower.

I just accept, that somebody loves that other person in that other car, and it is now partly my job to make sure they arrive to their loved ones safely.

I think about all the anger I carried with driving.....its 100% gone! Such a stupid waste of energy.
I wish I could. I'm trying.

Reactions: Jscb1b
I started taking this new approach to driving about 5 years ago....it has turned a stressful item into a nothing burger.

I never drive over the speed limit anymore. Im not engaging in road rage. I treat every cutoff, line jumper, and rude person as a friend and/or family member. I dont care about saving 2 minutes on a 30 minunte trip. I dont plot, think about, worry, or even consider my place in line. I just try to be kind on the road like everyone is a close family member. I dont waste energy on that shit anymore, I just dont care. If people fuck up, I just accept they are human.

I promise you, if you take this approach, driving can become a non-stresser. I just leave 5 minutes early and dont care anymore. Somebody thinks I screwed up, I just give them a friendly sorry wave.

I had to change something, because I was on a path to shooting every motherfucker on the road!!! It used to drive me nuts!!!

Ive found other items to stress about.

Drive in the left lane, I dont care anymore, we will all arrive at our destination, maybe 1-2 minutes slower.

I just accept, that somebody loves that other person in that other car, and it is now partly my job to make sure they arrive to their loved ones safely.

I think about all the anger I carried with driving.....its 100% gone! Such a stupid waste of energy.
I’m pretty close to that with a little less zen. Most of the other drivers are asses stressing over 30 seconds difference in arrival time. I run the speed limit to +5. I get better mileage that way. Leave early enough to get there and don’t stress.

I've got some brothers working for Plano PD. I have to go through there to my FD and back home. 22 years of driving U.S. 75. I have told them from Melissa to Plano on that highway, left lane campers are the worst in Plano. Yall would cut down on wrecks if you enforced left lane campers. People get pissed and pass them on the right, and then shit happens. They passed it up the chain of command, but nothing has been done.

The majority of offenders look like they no Habla.
"Any weapons in the car?"
"No."
"Why not? It's dangerous out there!"