• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1700248583475.png

@Fx51LP308, for your viewing pleasure involving New Jersey State Troopers

Maxwell

Most interesting. NJ Troopers are trained for "intimidation" and controlling situations like that, even among LEAs they consider 'inferior" to them. Usually it's between them and local/municipal LEAs. NJ Troopers will issue tickets to Local LEOs that commit traffic violations, etc. But this was with Bergen County deputy sheriffs. This should prove interesting to see how it was resolved. And I'm not buying the trooper's excuse about the "impersonation" thing. They're trained to think of things like that when they're trying to get out of a situation.

Now imagine them (NJ Troopers) coming to some citizen's house to execute an ERPO (Red flag law). That citizen can kiss their weapons goodbye, even if s/he is totally innocent. The objective there was not the ERPO. It was confiscating the weapons and getting them off the streets. And once off the streets the original owner won't ever get them back.

Now you understand why I feel Red flag laws should be eliminated. That, and "Civil Asset Forfeiture. "

Last edited:
I'd like to know.

probably.. looks like one of those 80's ' Pontiac Fiero ' body kits from years back . they were pretty cheesey .

BUT, not to say you could not make one of those little white trash mid-engine Death Traps FAST . Was a employee of Pontiac back then who had a side venture. He worked-up and offered/sold a V8 conversion kit for the Fiero.
A buddy of mine back then bought a 1985 Fiero GT, and put a 400 Stroker block in that little thing. Pretty Scary was an understatement ..LOL , with that short wheel base and the Pontiac suspension when you put your foot in it.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
NJ Troopers are "term limited." They have to retire at age 55. So, you are no longer eligible to apply to be a trooper once you reach the age of 35.
Wow!

I've had mixed results with them...

I was recalled to duty in the USAF once, and I was doing 95MPH while returning to my station... I see this dude on the side of the Turnpike waving at me... so I wave back as I'm flying down the road. About 3 minutes later I see this State Troop pull up behind me and the lights come on. (I'm dressed in combat fatigues [we also had green fatigues at that point]...) The trooper gets out of his car and runs over to my passenger's side wide with his hand on his gun:

Trooper "Didn't you see me flagging you down to pull over?"

Me "I saw someone waving to me, which was a little odd to be frank."

Trooper "Where are you going?"

Me "I've been recalled from leave for an emergency back to base, and I need to be there ASAP. I'm stationed at the Pentagon."

Trooper "Jesus. Slow it down already. Get out of here."

Me <Thinks to myself... holy crap, that actually worked.>

Not sure what that has to do with the armed comment.

I used to get pulled over quite often for speeding. Still do but less now.

Somewhere about 8 or 9 out of 10 times I get pulled over I don't get a ticket, just a warning. Every time I get pulled over I'm asked if I'm armed, I say yes, they ask where it is, I say on my hip and they say leave it there then walk away, come back and say have a good day, sometimes try to keep the speed down.

One of those times I got pulled over for double digits over the limit I got asked about the gun and said it's in the car but not on me ... unloaded in the bag in the back because I haven't cleaned it from the range trip yesterday. He said "I see, just a sec" and walked back to the cruiser. When he got back the only thing he said to me was "It doesn't do any good if you don't have it on you.", handed me a ticket and walked away ... no have a good day ... no this is your court date ... nothing.
I've never been asked if I was armed, this deputy was playing to the camera...NM has open carry laws, concealed carry laws all of which apply the same as in the car as if it is in your home.

Most interesting. NJ Troopers are trained for "intimidation" and controlling situations like that, even among LEAs they consider 'inferior" to them. Usually it's between them and local/municipal LEAs. NJ Troopers will issue tickets to Local LEOs that commit traffic violations, etc. But this was with Bergen County deputy sheriffs. This should prove interesting to see how it was resolved. And I'm not buying the trooper's excuse about the "impersonation" thing. They trained to think of things like that when they're trying to get out of a situation.

Now imagine them (NJ Troopers) coming to some citizen's house to execute an ERPO (Red flag law). That citizen can kiss their weapons goodbye, even if s/he is totally innocent. The objective there was not the ERPO. It was confiscating the weapons and getting them off the streets. And once off the streets the original owner won't ever get them back.

Now you understand why I feel Red flag laws should be eliminated. That, and "Civil Asset Forfeiture. "
But, but, but, isn’t Chris Christy da guv there? Isn’t he running as a strong Republican? Ya know, on our side and all?

Severe sarcasm intended.

Wow!

I've had mixed results with them...

I was recalled to duty in the USAF once, and I was doing 95MPH while returning to my station... I see this dude on the side of the Turnpike waving at me... so I wave back as I'm flying down the road. About 3 minutes later I see this State Troop pull up behind me and the lights come on. (I'm dressed in combat fatigues [we also had green fatigues at that point]...) The trooper gets out of his car and runs over to my passenger's side wide with his hand on his gun:

Trooper "Didn't you see me flagging you down to pull over?"

Me "I saw someone waving to me, which was a little odd to be frank."

Trooper "Where are you going?"

Me "I've been recalled from leave for an emergency back to base, and I need to be there ASAP. I'm stationed at the Pentagon."

Trooper "Jesus. Slow it down already. Get out of here."

Me <Thinks to myself... holy crap, that actually worked.>

The typical NJ Trooper is only afraid of two things... 1) Lawyers; and 2) Feds that can really get them into trouble. They think they're smarter than everyone else (or can intimidate them better).

Now, that said, if you show them a reasonable degree of "politeness/respect" etc. they might just let you off, unless they want something from you. That works mostly with traffic stops, as you saw. Won't work for a Search/Arrest warrant or an ERPO. Remember, they don't want you... they want your guns/ammo.

Reactions: Maxwell
probably.. looks like one of those 80's ' Pontiac Fiero ' body kits from years back . they were pretty cheesey .

BUT, not to say you could not make one of those little white trash mid-engine Death Traps FAST . Was a employee of Pontiac back then who had a side venture. He worked-up and offered/sold a V8 conversion kit for the Fiero.
A buddy of mine back then bought a 1985 Fiero GT, and put a 400 Stroker block in that little thing. Pretty Scary was an understatement ..LOL , with that short wheel base and the Pontiac suspension when you put your foot in it.
Guys I knew found the easy button for the Fieros was the Pontiac 3800 transaxle six from the Bonneville/Grand Prix. Either non-aspirated or boosted. They dropped in with minimal fuss and kicked ass. Still a hot ticket to a casket though if you weren’t careful.

Reactions: gigamortis
But, but, but, isn’t Chris Christie da guv there? Isn’t he running as a strong Republican? Ya know, on our side and all?

Severe sarcasm intended.
He was. Not anymore. And when he was there, he was a total RINO.

Remember, he was the US Atty for the Federal Newark District. Totally Anti-gun (except for LEOs).