• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

Context from the YouTube video:

For all you people saying I'm wrong or you don't understand why , Let me explain. These people that live over a half mile away came into my yard and told me to quit honking horns on my own property which is in no way affiliated with or in the HOA. I have been using these horns for quite some time , I collect different ones and use them to scare hawks and owls away from my livestock as they are considered an agricultural implement just like a bird cannon/ hail cannon.

These people moved in 6 months ago and think they can start telling people out here what they can and cant do. I'm just here showing them that they don't have one iota of the authority they think they have as they were laughed out of the town after suggesting a noise ordinance be put in place on the town FB page.

For all you people saying I'm wrong or you don't understand why , Let me explain. These people that live over a half mile away came into my yard and told me to quit honking horns on my own property which is in no way affiliated with or in the HOA. I have been using these horns for quite some time , I collect different ones and use them to scare hawks and owls away from my livestock as they are considered an agricultural implement just like a bird cannon/ hail cannon.

These people moved in 6 months ago and think they can start telling people out here what they can and cant do. I'm just here showing them that they don't have one iota of the authority they think they have as they were laughed out of the town after suggesting a noise ordinance be put in place on the town FB page.
1716496689260.jpeg

You're not using those horns for ag reasons, you're just being a dick.

That new bassist is pretty good. That long haired fella. I’m souprised they still do fire though

Pics and shit rule View attachment 8424209
Their music has sucked since '91.. The Black album was the gateway to them full on being gay and boring, mixed bag of an album. Everything after is garbage. Black had a few decent songs.

Not sure the real name, we always have called them "blow snakes"-they make a scary noise when threatened (I don't like snakes) that being said yeah that's one that eats rats and mice and other crap I also don't like.

As far as I can tell, if the OP (or his property) do not fall under the HOA, then the HOA has no say in the matter. I do live in a deed restricted area with an HOA, but I can still take actions against neighbors, personally. The HOA doesn't need to be involved unless they, as the HOA, choose to be.

That said, individuals can still take actions against one another on a personal basis. The people coming to complain about the horns could avail themselves of various city/county ordinances about "excessive noise," etc. There might also be ordinances about using sounds that might imitate a train and cause confusion among drivers, etc. But again, these would be individuals taking actions against other individuals.

As for the horns themselves, there are a ton of train enthusiasts out there that own train horns. Some of them are, in fact attached to their vehicles and are used in place of the standard vehicle horn (or they can switch back & forth). I'm amazed the OP didn't have a "Nathan K5LA" horn.

That's the standard horn used on most commuter trains (METRA in Ill., Amtrak, etc.). If I could afford one, I'd get one as well, but I would never use it near my house, I'd go way out to the sticks to use it. I am aware of a local fire company that put a K5LA on one of their engines as a replacement for their standard air horn. Not sure if that's good or not as, again, it could confuse drivers who are stressed enough dealing with an emergency vehicle bearing down on them. I know about that stress. I drove a Type 3 ambulance for many years.

But no, I would not use it in a populated area. I know some of these horn owners that have them in their cars often like to prank people out on walks, etc. Not good. If they did it to a LEO on patrol, I think they'd be in a bit of trouble. Just as bad as discharging firearms in a populated area (in my county you must be at least one mile away from the nearest neighbor before you can have an outdoor range, etc.).

Last edited:
Reactions: Hobo Hilton