• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

Friend of mine put this on one of their membership apps today.

ymca_zps534ef049.jpg

Kramer is the singer in a different commercial. Equally motivational, but no gymnastics. The leather-clad Ninja in the Nationwide ad is definitely Baskett... it's in her resume and in her reel posted earlier!

Cheers,

Sirhr

PS: Referring to Kramer as a 'chick' is sexist and belittling. I would recommend terms like "Broad," "Dame" or "Skirt" instead.

I think you guys are talking about the same commercial. I don't know who either of these Hot Broads are. However, I agree with Knockemdown. The face is not Baskett. After a quick google search I found a Nationwide press release that also claims it is Kramer.

It is possible however, that Baskett acted as a body double for the stunts. Might explain why her reel only shows the action shots in the commercial and why you don't see her face.

So, it appears that you are both right.

Last edited:
Thank you...

If only this could be played on every TV in every house in this great nation over and over we just might be able to turn this country around. I am just so afraid that too many Americans have already forgotten, too many have become lazy, too many have taken for granted, too many have their hands out...

I miss him too, but he did his 'two and done', and I wouldn't ask any more of him. Nobody deserves that level of stress; it breaks them all, good and bad.

Yes, I'd prefer him to many, probably most, but preferences are not what we get. I think its impractical and unrealistic to pine for anyone other than whom we have at any given moment. We can either step up and help a good one, or hunker down and dig in for a strong tide when someone else rides in the locomotive.

I would not endeavor to undermine anyone in that position. Damage can be repaired after, but deliberate resistance does more than counter wrongheadedness; it also weakens the rest of the entire structure.

When they're gone, and they're all gone eventually; we still have to live with the aftermath. Give someone a reason to be reactionary, and they emplace reactionary strictures within the system. Those reactionary strictures outlive their direct influence by a wide margin.

Better that we don't add to burdens in advance of the inevitable need to resolve aftermaths.

It's never all just about the current instant.

Greg

Last edited:
If President Reagan, and this one of many excellent speeches doesn't motivate an American, nothing can.

I sure do miss him.

Every. Single. Last. One of them.
Starting with the positively miniature blonde just right of center.

Not that I'd actually have a shot with any of them, of course... just sayin', in an alternate universe where I DID... any of them would be fine.

Tucker, you make it hard for me to see stuff. There's dust falling in here or something. That was a brave kid, and a kind woman.

For those that couldn't see the video, the older woman was visiting her husband's fresh grave, when some asshole ran up and stole her purse. It had several hundred dollars in it. When they showed the guy's face, that kid recognized it as his dad's. So the kid arranged to meet the woman to apologize and give her back some of the money, despite wanting to go on a school band trip. He did this all on his own. She was so taken by his integrity and character that she gave the money back to the kid

Volunteers Etch 9000 Figures onto Normandy Beach in D-Day Memorial «TwistedSifter

"To mark Peace Day on September 21 2013, Jamie Wardley and Andy Moss, two artists from Bradford, England, set out with hundreds of volunteers to commemorate the 9000 civilians, Allies and German forces lost on D-Day, June 6 1944.
The Fallen project took place at Arromanches, a French tourist town that lies along the stretch of coastline designated as Gold Beach during the D-Day landings.
Over a period of five hours, volunteers used rakes and stencils to etch 9000 figures into the sand. The results were immortalized through photography with the etched figures washed away by the tide later that day."

fallen-soldiers-etched-into-sand-normandy-beach-peace-day-land-art-project-10.jpg

fallen-soldiers-etched-into-sand-normandy-beach-peace-day-land-art-project-9.jpg

fallen-soldiers-etched-into-sand-normandy-beach-peace-day-land-art-project-8.jpg

fallen-soldiers-etched-into-sand-normandy-beach-peace-day-land-art-project-3.jpg

Reactions: geek65
Well done, Tucker.

The passivist liberals need to see the cost of freedom. Those are just a few pictures to give them the idea.

6a01127947363b28a40133f313b121970b-580wi

Sometimes I get down and start thinking about how hard my life is. Then I see something like this and realize I'm kind of a little bitch for thinking that.

Ok... so after the old thread crashed and burned, I mentioned that I had saved over 1000 posters from the old thread... But w. working on Masters, I have not had time to post. Well, submitted a milestone paper today, taking a night off and want to have some fun. So... bombs away. Keep in mind, a huge number of these are from the genius of Shankster. And some have been seen here on the new thread. But there ought to be enough to keep us busy for a day or so. The rest (and this is a small percentage) will come when I get another break...

Don't thank me... thank the Shank.

Cheers,

Sirhr

aaabaconflowchart_zpsf44bda7c.jpg