• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

I am feeling a bit lazy- Link has a bunch of the SI 2014 pics....

hannah_ferguson2.gif

You searched for SI 2014 - Celeb Jihad
Best link EVER!

He's a nice MN boy from a town called Warroad. Not unusual at all to meet some really good kids in MN. Especially hockey players.

That made my morning. As a father of and coach or special needs kids I can honestly say they have a lot more to them than the world will ever expect. Jeff

Terry Cross. That was the best rendition of the national anthem I have seen. Truly inspirational and moving....

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Wt8y18YFH70" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

motivational

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XQAc90yIEv0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
U.S. Marines from 1st Light Armored Reconnaissance Battalion (1st LAR) listen to their Battalion Commander aboard Combat Outpost Payne, Afghanistan, October 26, 2010 before raiding the Taliban in Baramcha in southern Helmand. 1st LAR is deployed in support of the International Security Assistance Force.

Ever heard of a runaway Diesel? The first video is funny, and the second one is scary.

Last edited:
It can happen to old engines but if driving not a big deal if caught early during driving you just shift to max gear and kill it (if you're going slow if you're on highways then you are out of luck) but its extremely rare occurrence.

I work for a Cat dealer and repair and build truck engines and we occasionally see the aftermath of an over speed or runaway. It is always cool to see the damage that can be done. I had one that was a 15L engine that made over 2100 lbft of torque runaway because of a turbo failure and went into a self shutdown. A piston came threw the side of the block and went all the way around several times. I think it was #3 cylinder (of an inline 6 cylinder) when I removed the cylinder head the block was then in 2 pieces. The rod and piston cut the engine block in half.

I have seen others that were pushrod engines where a rod would hit the camshaft and break it in half and push it 3 or 4 inches out side the block. Then there are those with multiple cylinder that fail from over speeds and will have several holes in the block. The last one we did had 10 or 11 holes in the block. That was as close to an engine grenading as you can get.

This is what the big torque truck engines look like C-16 Cat 600hp 2100lbft torque (plus ;) ). I just completely rebuilt this one for a logging customer that hauls heavy (120,000 to 160,000 pounds and sometimes more):

I had this engine making well over 80 psi of boost. I don't know how they can hold together making that much power. During a road test in the high side of an 18 speed tranny like somewhere in the top 4 gears (I don't exactly remember now) the 4 super singles on the back were slipping on dry asphalt. The truck has 8" dual stacks and the smoke was solid black for as far as I could see. I ran out of road in a few seconds. The acceleration above 30mph was much faster than 90% of the cars on the road today, it was Fing unreal.

I was running the base electrical generators at Cua Viet from June through early November 1967. During Election Week in September(?), the NVA shelled our base continuously in an effort to draw troops away from the polls. I was restricted under orders not shut the generators down for daily PM. One of the 20 (30?) KW generator set wore out its rings and started running on the crankcase oil. Once the all clear was given, I was told OK to PM. I shut down the governor, but the Detroit Diesel 3-71 would not quit, and started surging up and down RPM. We cleared off and about 20 minutes later it seized, and the entire generator trailer flipped on its side. Done-ski, period.

Awesome...

Greg

I work for a Cat dealer and repair and build truck engines and we occasionally see the aftermath of an over speed or runaway. It is always cool to see the damage that can be done. I had one that was a 15L engine that made over 2100 lbft of torque runaway because of a turbo failure and went into a self shutdown. A piston came threw the side of the block and went all the way around several times. I think it was #3 cylinder (of an inline 6 cylinder) when I removed the cylinder head the block was then in 2 pieces. The rod and piston cut the engine block in half.

I have seen others that were pushrod engines where a rod would hit the camshaft and break it in half and push it 3 or 4 inches out side the block. Then there are those with multiple cylinder that fail from over speeds and will have several holes in the block. The last one we did had 10 or 11 holes in the block. That was as close to an engine grenading as you can get.

This is what the big torque truck engines look like C-16 Cat 600hp 2100lbft torque (plus ;) ). I just completely rebuilt this one for a logging customer that hauls heavy (120,000 to 160,000 pounds and sometimes more):

I rebuilt to many of them to count but had one 3406 run away took over for the day shift they flow timed and broke the check valve inside the inj pump I started the engine the small pieces of metal held it in full fuel was intense for a few min used a hammer to snap fuel lines off the fuel block. But have seen and repaired many detroit #53, #71, and #92 series that ran away from a snapped or srtipped blower drive and a few from plugged air box drains.

I rebuilt to many of them to count but had one 3406 run away took over for the day shift they flow timed and broke the check valve inside the inj pump I started the engine the small pieces of metal held it in full fuel was intense for a few min used a hammer to snap fuel lines off the fuel block. But have seen and repaired many detroit #53, #71, and #92 series that ran away from a snapped or srtipped blower drive and a few from plugged air box drains.

Anybody get "sent to the house"?

Bob