• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

Never forget, they built the pyramids with none of the shit we have today and we still can't figure out how they did it. I've seen shit like this in a lot of the 3rd world places I've been and I'm always amazed at how they find ways to do stuff thats incredibly low tech.

Worldstar Hippo

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=f517c682b5ee" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I've been a season ticket holder for the San Jose Sharks since Day One.

The playoffs started for us on Thursday. At every home game they have silent auctions to raise money for charity.

At Friday's auction, one of the items was a Team USA Olympic Jersey, signed by the players in a frame.

The one thing that caught my attention was on the inside back of the jersey, at the neckline.

Thought it was pretty cool.

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    851.2 KB · Views: 44
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    835.6 KB · Views: 41
I dont know about anyone else, but I find this incredibly motivating.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OZnV978rU8Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Never forget, they built the pyramids with none of the shit we have today and we still can't figure out how they did it. I've seen shit like this in a lot of the 3rd world places I've been and I'm always amazed at how they find ways to do stuff thats incredibly low tech.

I was putting footings in for a mine west of Tonapah Nev. about 17 years ago and the Engineer was a Russian and he was telling us about a Concrete pour on some South Pacific Island. He said the wall was about three feet thick and twenty feet tall and went for about a half a mile and all they used was five gallon buckets to move and pour the Concrete

[video=youtube;tl4-FSuSqMQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl4-FSuSqMQ[/video]

Yup. It's called "manpower" for a reason. In the brilliant Errol Morris documentary The Fog of War, Robert McNamara describes the process as well... All done with hammers and buckets.

Cheers,

Sirhr

What a waste of a good truck... that thing is finished...

I pity the poor chump who buys it 'cheap' at an auto auction.

I was putting footings in for a mine west of Tonapah Nev. about 17 years ago and the Engineer was a Russian and he was telling us about a Concrete pour on some South Pacific Island. He said the wall was about three feet thick and twenty feet tall and went for about a half a mile and all they used was five gallon buckets to move and pour the Concrete

Ive seen that at a hotel they were building on the coast in Mexico. Mixed the concrete using beach sand...just full of salt, no rebar. You know what salt does to concrete. Imagine being on the 20th floor when aan earthquake strikes.

Those were great, I've got to dig up that movie, I was just talking about it the other day!

The "better half" is making me watch "The Greatest Story Ever Told"... which includes John Wayne as a Centurion (String him up, pilgrim) and Kojak as Pontius Pilot. I keep quoting Life of Brian, much to her dismay. "What have the Romans ever done for us? Well, there are the roads..."

Overall, she's probably the better person. And I'm going to be digging ditches in Hades. But who doesn't laugh at "Follow the Gourd???"

Cheers,

Sirhr

PS. I was dismayed that, during the whipping scene, I kept saying "Kunta Kinte... no Toby" and she had no idea what I was referring to. I am so gonna burn for that, too.

Last edited:
The "better half" is making me watch "The Greatest Story Ever Told"... which includes John Wayne as a Centurion (String him up, pilgrim) and Kojak as Pontius Pilot. I keep quoting Life of Brian, much to her dismay. "What have the Romans ever done for us? Well, there are the roads..."

Overall, she's probably the better person. And I'm going to be digging ditches in Hades. But who doesn't laugh at "Follow the Gourd???"

Cheers,

Sirhr

PS. I was dismayed that, during the whipping scene, I kept saying "Kunta Kinte... no Toby" and she had no idea what I was referring to. I am so gonna burn for that, too.

I'll be right along side of you digging ditches, my ticket is punched! I just got through watching The Great Raid about the rescue at Cabanatuan. Not as Eastery as Life of Brian, but pretty motivational.

Did you hear the KKK bought the film rights to "Roots"? They're going to play it backwards so it has a happy ending.

On a more serious note, Alex Haley is gone. He committed suicide last week, after discovering he was adopted.

Hand me my shovel when I get there.......

1911fan

Did you hear the KKK bought the film rights to "Roots"? They're going to play it backwards so it has a happy ending.

On a more serious note, Alex Haley is gone. He committed suicide last week, after discovering he was adopted.

Hand me my shovel when I get there.......1911fan

Actually, both the series and the book were outstanding... Haley really broke new ground historically with Roots in following a microcosm of a single family and combining historical research and a novel-style presentation. That was both unusual and bold at the time. I may make bad jokes about it (because, I mean, even Helen Keller jokes are funny), but Haley's work as an historian was groundbreaking and relevant. Worth reading. Even better, IMHO, is The Autobiography of Malcolm X, also written by Haley in 1965. Everyone should read that book. It is a shame Malcolm X did not live. His messages and focus, often portrayed out of context (and distorted beyond any reality), are worth reading, especially today.

Well, enough deep thought on the Motivational Picture Thread. Here's something by way of apologizing for acting all cerebral and stuff. A Hottie!

aaa1911_zps87c68c46.jpg

Cheers and thanks for the chuckles!

Sirhr