• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

memorialday4_zps4db0eb89.jpg

Cheers,

Sirhr

Think of the Founders
Think of The Fallen
Then look around U...how many can U label Patriots, and
How many can U label Torys?

and from my Grandfather on Daddy`s side

This is good stuff here.

I come from quite the military background and thought I was the only person from my family to ever be in a combat zone. Then last year my dad came to visit with a big box of my grandfathers brothers stuff.

Apparently he was on the USS Vincennes when it took a torpedo and sunk in the Pacific. It was really a weird feeling holding his Purple Heart.

I've always been patriotic as fuck, always looking for ways to help veterans. I just finished Chris Kyles book and I'm about to read Marcus Luttrells.

But the more I come across stuff like that, and read about heroism, think about our guys dieing, nothing makes me feel like more of a coward.

I was single at the time, and all I was was the lowly comms guy that aside from being very close to some rocket attacks in iraq, I never saw combat...and I have horrible survivors guilt because of it. There are all these stories of the special forces guys (and any troops for that matter) with a wife and kids dieing out there and here I was, a single guy with nothing to loose hiding behind the line messing with telephones lol. Part of me wishes I could do it all over and actually try to make something like SEAL or pararescue or special forces just to hopefully keep someone with kids at home from having to.

Memorial Day and veterans day are especially hard for me and if it weren't for a strong wife keeping my spirits up id probably spend the whole weekend miserable. I used to just hate when people told me thanks for my service and I just gritted my teeth and said thanks. What I wanted to saw was "don't thank me, I made it home".

Sorry to unmotivate the motivational thread but the past page or so of pics and vids just got me teared up a bit and I figured being The Hide im with fellow vets who take the holiday to heart as well.

Have a good weekend all, and thanks to those that serve, served, plan to serve, or are family of any of the three.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I still have all my grandfather's papers from WW1 and the CCC during the Great Depression. Hang on to what you have. They can never be replaced. I have scanned and given all my cousins the files with Grandpa's papers. I want then to all be as proud as I am.

Congratulations!

So let me get this right: Spartacus over here posts up nasty ass disease titties, then calls us all dumbasses, then tries to start his own thread to feel important because he is tired of seeing titties? Didn't he just get done posting titties? That's a special kind of stupid right there. Good luck little buddy don't forget you crayons and football helmet while you ride the short bus out of this thread

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

That is some truly motivating shit, from the soldiers to the American Flag draped hotties. America, Fuck Yeah!

Taken last year of two boy scouts putting out flags for Memorial day. The picture isn't mine. Though, the story I was told is that the younger one had it explained to him just what the day really meant.

T0b37Rk.jpg

This guy is one of America's greatest heroes.

BTW, a friend down near Campbell tells me that Hal Moore, author of We were Soldiers Once, And Young, and an amazing combat leader... is very ill. Not likely to last much longer.

Put in some good thoughts for him. Another American who, frankly, we'll be far poorer without.

Remember what this weekend means. Remember Hal Moore. Remember the fallen.

Sirhr