• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

Helping hands

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=e49a54fd285b" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Is this what they call "common courtesy"?... I have only read about this in books.... glad to see I am not the only one still practicing...

That person doing the high speed stuff has nice work in his catalog.
Here he's showing a Ruger's bolt bouncing.

rHVLOHb.gif

I can believe this. Fedex drivers must be some lazy SOB's.
I have a big blue box by my gate with big lettering "DELIVERIES"
My mail box is a half mile from the house. I found a box propped up against the mailbox post, left beside a busy highway by Fedex.
Too lazy, worthless to even drive down my driveway. Anybody could have picked up the box. Not much in it, just a hundred dollar pair of boots.
Halfway to my house is a dead end sign. Fedex left a package there once.

Celebrating my life in song:

1911fan

They need to hang out with this:
<object width="640" height="480"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/BYW6C44zo24?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/BYW6C44zo24?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

I can feel that bounce. Seeing it in slomo makes me wonder why the extractor doesn't pull the loaded round out on the bounce.

I can feel that bounce. Seeing it in slomo makes me wonder why the extractor doesn't pull the loaded round out on the bounce.

But notice on the bounce the extractor doesn't even have the the loaded round captured yet. Interesting.

Made from Multiple Layers of Precision Cut Packing Tape

Amsterdam-based artist Max Zorn places multiple layers of brown packing tape on acrylic glass sheets. The more layers of tape he uses, the darker the shades become. He then uses an X-Acto knife to cut and shape the various layers. However, it’s not until a light source (like a lamp, light box or sunlight) is activated that the artworks come to life and truly take form.

packing-tape-art-by-max-zorn-4.jpg

packing-tape-art-by-max-zorn-5.jpg

packing-tape-art-by-max-zorn-1.jpg

packing-tape-art-by-max-zorn-3.jpg

packing-tape-art-by-max-zorn-8.jpg

packing-tape-art-by-max-zorn-7.jpg

packing-tape-art-by-max-zorn-14.jpg

packing-tape-art-by-max-zorn-13.jpg

packing-tape-art-by-max-zorn-9.jpg

packing-tape-art-by-max-zorn-2.jpg

packing-tape-art-by-max-zorn-6.jpg

packing-tape-art-by-max-zorn-16.jpg

packing-tape-art-by-max-zorn-17.jpg

packing-tape-art-by-max-zorn-15.jpg

packing-tape-art-by-max-zorn-12.jpg

packing-tape-art-by-max-zorn-11.jpg

packing-tape-art-by-max-zorn-10.jpg

[video=youtube;iN-ZgpyAp2I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN-ZgpyAp2I[/video]

The 2014 National Geographic Photo Contest is under way with entries being accepted until October 31, 2014. The Grand Prize Winner will receive $10,000 and a trip to National Geographic headquarters in Washington, D.C., to participate in the annual National Geographic Photography Seminar in January 2015. The First Place winner in each category (People, Places and Nature) will each receive $2,500 and his/her winning photograph will be published in National Geographic magazine

09_ng_photo_contest_2014-09-08_279767_nature.jpg

Two Polar bear cubs full of adrenaline on iceflow in Svalbard. The mother was just trying to have a quiet stroll but the cubs were not having any of that. This was the male cub and he just was so entertaining to watch. Photo Location: Svalbard

12_ng_photo_contest_2014-09-10_279928_places.jpg

I’d gone to Big Sur to watch the gray whale migration from the cliffs, but it was too foggy to even see the water. I decided to hike up the Baronda Trail to see if I could get above the fog. This view was my reward. Miles of lupine and blue skies. Outstanding! Photo Location: Big Sur, California

31_ng_photo_contest_2014-09-22_281326_people.jpg

This picture show a genuine Industrial Diver System since 1895. It is part of the collection of an old retired diver who worked during the 1950s with this equipment in Lake Geneva.The equipment weighed 140 pounds and more air is supplied by a pump activated manually by two persons.The equipment is preserved in its original condition and works perfectly. This allowed us to try it in real conditions and achieve this photo. Photo Location: Geneva, Switzerland

13_ng_photo_contest_2014-09-10_279938_nature.jpg

When the Mediterranean Mantis opened its wings, It seemed very impressive at the sunshine… Photo Location: Nicosia, Cyprus

32_ng_photo_contest_2014-09-23_281419_nature.jpg

Ah the Agave plant. Filled with amazing patterns and textures. This particular subject was a great find while visiting San Francisco. Using some fun techniques I was able to get the light just right and the dimensionality of the plant just popped! It is definitely fun to take a moment and get intimate with nature. Photo Location: San Francisco, CA

20_ng_photo_contest_2014-09-17_280621_nature.jpg

On the coast of Tenerife in the Canary Islands, we have quite the selection of affectionate green turtles (Chelonia mydas). I find myself devoting much time to these curious creatures. This turtle was coming from the surface with the sun behind it, and the sunrays surrounding it gave it a special majesty. Tenerife( Canary Islands) Spain Canon 7D, Canon 8-15mm, Subal Housing, 2x Subtronic strobes. F22, Iso 200, 1/160. Photo location: Tenerife (Canary islands)

11_ng_photo_contest_2014-09-09_279822_nature.jpg

In the Strezlecki desert of Australia a flock of galahs replenish on the only small water available at the base of this lonely tree. It’s a rare photo opportunity to get such a clear and symmetrical shot of these beautiful birds in flight in the middle of the desert. Photo Location: Strezlecki desert, Australia

33_ng_photo_contest_2014-09-23_281442_places.jpg

Nothing is more intense at Burning Man than the Thunderdome run by the Death Guild. Every night battles rage on inside this dome as combatants use foam bats to assault each other for 3-5 minutes while the crowd, often covering the whole dome, cheers on. Photo Location: Black Rock City, NV

34_ng_photo_contest_2014-09-23_281491_nature.jpg

Blue Ghost Fireflies in Brevard, North Carolina. Blue Ghost fireflies are unique because they stay lit and only hover about a foot off the ground. Photo Location: Brevard, North Carolina

01_ng_photo_contest_2014-09-02_279269_places.jpg

A stunning sunset painted the sky over the Jokulsarlon Glacer Lagoon in South Iceland. It was a typical cloudy day in the Icelandic summer. The day was not hoping for a nice sunset, but I still decided to go on the spot, hoping to finally see the sun once the same had left behind the clouds. When the sun went down, in fact the sky burned out in an incredible vanilla tone. The scene was so peaceful and placid, so I decided to capture it with a long exposure, to bring out the amazing sense of oniric peace that this amazing sunset created. It has been like living in a dream. Location: Jokulsarlon Glaier Lagoon, Iceland

The Reykjavik Police Department’s Instagram Feed is Pure Gold

According to the BBC, Iceland has one of the lowest violent crime rates in the world. Police are unarmed, ‘hard drugs’ usage is low and tensions between economic classes is virtually non-existent. [source]
Reykjavík is the capital and largest city of Iceland and their Metropolitan Police Department has an official Instagram account that is fun and entertaining. With nearly 300 photos and over 75,000 followers they are surely the most popular Police Department in the world.

the-reykjavik-police-departments-instagram-feed-is-pure-gold-6.jpg

the-reykjavik-police-departments-instagram-feed-is-pure-gold-14.jpg

the-reykjavik-police-departments-instagram-feed-is-pure-gold-17.jpg

(Insert obligatory "I'd hit that like a ______________ comment here)

the-reykjavik-police-departments-instagram-feed-is-pure-gold-18.jpg

(or possibly here for some of you... no one's here to judge)

the-reykjavik-police-departments-instagram-feed-is-pure-gold-2.jpg

the-reykjavik-police-departments-instagram-feed-is-pure-gold-9.jpg

the-reykjavik-police-departments-instagram-feed-is-pure-gold-8.jpg

the-reykjavik-police-departments-instagram-feed-is-pure-gold-1.jpg

the-reykjavik-police-departments-instagram-feed-is-pure-gold-10.jpg

the-reykjavik-police-departments-instagram-feed-is-pure-gold-13.jpg

Photographers in Love Do the Same Embrace Wherever They Go

It all started in 2010 when commercial photography team Kendrick Brinson and David Walter Banks were at the Valley of Fire State Park in Nevada with friends. The couple, dating at the time, jumped into each other’s arms for an embrace and one of their friends captured the moment.
The couple loved the pic and decided to recreate it a couple of months later while on location for a commercial shoot. They’ve been recreating the moment ever since and the loving couple even got married in 2012!

Malibu, California
couple-does-same-kiss-embrace-around-the-world-4.jpg

Pyramid Lake, Nevada
couple-does-same-kiss-embrace-around-the-world-9.jpg

Cadillac Ranch, Amarillo, Texas
couple-does-same-kiss-embrace-around-the-world-3.jpg

Santa Cruz, California
couple-does-same-kiss-embrace-around-the-world-6.jpg

Georgia
couple-does-same-kiss-embrace-around-the-world-7.jpg

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
couple-does-same-kiss-embrace-around-the-world-8.jpg