• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

Each and every person needs to archive this image for when this cunt runs for elected office so that all will know that she has always been an enemy of the United States of America.

I found out the Constitution picture was photo shopped, but this one wasn't.

1522011546764.png

Last edited:
Put those every day heroes up for a commendation for wading above and beyond the call of duty.
Actually what they are doing is mostly correct. Hopefully they have an up stream spotter and downstream safeties, but it is difficult to ascertain from the short video. Additionally they should have wading poles to feel for unseen hazards like drainage holes and drowned bodies, and any other hazards.
In Houston, during my deployment we had 2 water rescue personnel sucked through a drain hole that was not seen or noted on the maps while trying to retrieve a person that had drowned earlier because they drove into flood water. The guys were sucked through the 36" drain pipe that was hidden because of the flood water. They were both and flushed out 30' later into a river moving about 11000CFS and ended up 1/2 mile down river before they were able to be rescued themselves. This all happened in a matter of 8-10 seconds. It was a very scary situation and outcome even when everything is done correctly.
If anyone has questions or wants more detail than I have provided here, please feel free to PM me and I will elaborate.

Hopefully they have an up stream spotter and downstream safeties.

Doesn't the water have to be moving to need spotters? I have spent a lot of time in TX,, LA, MS and FL after hurricanes and never considered stepping on a dead body to be a hazard, it's the live ones that pose a threat. If someone is enough of a moron to get sucked into a 36" drain and not know it's there they are pushing the limits outlined by Darwin, especially if they are only 30' from a hyper active waterway and the drain is running wide open, 36" drains are not sneaky. The biggest threats I ran across in flooded areas were the snakes, alligators and looters.

Reactions: Barneybdb
Sorry Tack425,

I have to disagree. I eat drink and breath whitewater. Boating the Big Sandy in northern WV is the most productive thing I've done all weekend, but at least I did it twice. I really meant to get those taxes in. By my perspective those guys were all very, very safe. Granted, with infinite time they should be as careful as they were, but if there were other concerns I'd say grab the guy on the roof (if he wants grabbed, of course) and move onto the next rescue.

I do appreciate your statement regarding sieves. The tell tale sign for me is current in without flow going out. Water goes in, none goes out. I pick that up as ripples or a pillow that looks smaller than it should be with the water going in. The video doesn't show any ripples so I wouldn't think there are sieves.

With that said, I have minimal experience with whitewater outside of natural flows. The storm drain dynamic might be a source of nightmares for me tonight.

Bob

Reactions: Barneybdb
From 168BTHPM:

Doesn't the water have to be moving to need spotters? I have spent a lot of time in TX,, LA, MS and FL after hurricanes and never considered stepping on a dead body to be a hazard, it's the live ones that pose a threat. If someone is enough of a moron to get sucked into a 36" drain and not know it's there they are pushing the limits outlined by Darwin, especially if they are only 30' from a hyper active waterway and the drain is running wide open, 36" drains are not sneaky. The biggest threats I ran across in flooded areas were the snakes, alligators and looters.

To 168BTHPM:
I too have spent many a day in flood waters post hurricane, levee break, heavy rains and otherwise. Actually the water does not have to be moving when you are worried about flooding incidents and submerged obstacles (foot entrapments, drop offs, sunken debris, etc). Upstream spotters and downstream safeties are additional layers of safety if the water becomes dynamic. In the case I cited above, the water was relatively still and the drain was hidden by debris, and brush. The 2 rescue personnel were sucked into the drain when they were approaching the hidden submerged drain, as there was no vortex or other indicators of such. So I disagree with he Darwin, but to each his own. I however will agree with the vector controls about animals, domesticated, human or otherwise.

From Bluegrasspicker:

I have to disagree. I eat drink and breath whitewater. Boating the Big Sandy in northern WV is the most productive thing I've done all weekend, but at least I did it twice. I really meant to get those taxes in. By my perspective those guys were all very, very safe. Granted, with infinite time they should be as careful as they were, but if there were other concerns I'd say grab the guy on the roof (if he wants grabbed, of course) and move onto the next rescue.

I do appreciate your statement regarding sieves. The tell tale sign for me is current in without flow going out. Water goes in, none goes out. I pick that up as ripples or a pillow that looks smaller than it should be with the water going in. The video doesn't show any ripples so I wouldn't think there are sieves.

With that said, I have minimal experience with whitewater outside of natural flows. The storm drain dynamic might be a source of nightmares for me tonight.

To Bluegrasspicker (Bob),
I see your point with the natural flows. In the case I cited it was very similar to the short video that was posted above. Engineered waterways are meant to move water as efficiently as possible, and when flooded, it is difficult to see hidden hazards that are man made and engineered into the waterway. In natural white water the flow tells you where "most" dangers are present, smiling/ frowning holes, strainers, etc. In still water it can be very difficult to discern where manholes have been uplifted, chain link fences are present, shopping carts are sunken, pipes/ drains, and undermining has occurred, etc.

As I said earlier, I am happy to have these discussions via email or pm or by phone. I am always willing to learn more in the opportunity to keep others safe. To the mods, I am sorry for my long postings and apologize for my hijacking of this thread. Now, back to the regularly scheduled programming........

I found out the Constitution picture was photo shopped, but this one wasn't.

From what I've seen, the photo showing this person tearing the Constitution is photo shopped, although that is how I, personally, perceive her actions.

However, the original photo shows her tearing a target. Something akin to an SR-1. A symbol that has nothing to do with school shootings, gun violence or any misuse of firearms.

A symbol of proper training, military service, a nice afternoon on a range, National competitions and many other legal uses of firearms. It's use in this context is telling.

Thank you,
MrSmith

Reactions: lash
View attachment 6887737

Can't think that will go well for him.
the left doing what they do best.....threatening violence when they dont get their way.

i encourage him to try though......i really really do........im going to guess his smug self perceived moral superiority wont make his ass bullet proof when he tries to assault and kill a gun owner.

i hope they see the irony in the #neveragain tagline....

"never again".....the tagline first used to describe how jews were never going to be murdered on whole scale by a govt who first started by disarming them......is now being used as a tagline for a movement seeking for the govt to disarm people, with the premise of "saving lives"...

a mother fucking history book.....have you read it?!

...... i feel like im in the god damn twilight zone..