• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1544148792613.png

I highly recommend going to Pearl Harbor for anyone that hasn't. Very powerful and moving. I was able to meet one of the survivors there in 2012. Worth the effort to see.

I was there in ‘04. I waited in line 45 minutes just to get in the gate. A woman in line behind us was complaining that it was her husbands idea and she would rather be shopping. But she supposed it was the American thing to do. I turned around and looked at her at the same time my wife is telling me to just keep my mouth shut.
It was very frustrating to wait 3-4 hours to get on the dingy to cross the harbor but then to be told before I’m even off the damn thing that our boat was leaving in ten minutes. I asked the captain how the hell Do you pay your respects to these men I’m 10 minutes or less... VERY Touching though. God Rest Their Souls.

How do you go from this:

To this in the very next post???

This will be the first year since WWII that there will be no survivors of Pearl Harbor attending the ceremonies remembering those who died in the attacks on December 7th 1941.

View attachment 6982054
View attachment 6982055
View attachment 6982058
View attachment 6982060
View attachment 6982061
View attachment 6982062

Well done sir, well done. ???

We shall pray for your rectal integrity this weekend.

robot_sniper_by_dkell-d3ggide.png

Just remember this: you never walk alone, except back and forth from your wheels to the line.

And yes, it's an inside joke.

Reactions: 1J04 and Barneybdb
I have spent so much time in swiftwater just for fun, extra rescue time was good practice.

We boated a lot of wilderness canyons, so rescue was up to us.
Running class V, most of those boaters skills surpass the rescue guys.

I quit whitewater cold turkey when I had kids. All of the top 10 times I almost died were in (or just out of) a kayak. I don't ski in the bc anymore either. It's not my life to risk now.