• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

My aunts neighbor had a Bernese Mountain Dog

The dog started to get aggressive in the dog park

It ended up mauling my aunt... 3 months in the hospital and 6 months of rehabilitation mauling

If your dogs are going out and murdering other animals, not for food, but for fun, you might have an issue on your hands

It ended up mauling my aunt... 3 months in the hospital and 6 months of rehabilitation mauling

If your dogs are going out and murdering other animals, not for food, but for fun, you might have an issue on your hands

spoken like someone who knows nothing about dogs...... murdering carnivores is what GP's were bred for and its in their dna

Bernese Mountain dogs, other Swiss Mountain dogs and Great Pyrenees can all get aggressive. Situations I've seen them do that are people who don't know or understand them, getting too close to the owners, or owners kids. Believe it or not, yappy little dogs are looked at like weasels, "Small predators that have to be dealt with." As noted, the dogs are generally completely calm most of the time, but when you see what sets them off, it becomes understandable. Unfortunately, in our world that isn't always acceptable.

I know about the GP's because a number of Basques use them around their sheep back where I'm from. Coyotes don't last long coming into a flock of sheep with one guarding them.

Added: some people also use Akbash dogs. Pretty much the same thing. The dogs are pretty calm until someone crosses "the line". Around their livestock, it's good to know what "their line" is.

spoken like someone who knows nothing about dogs...... murdering carnivores is what GP's were bred for and its in their dna
Hmmm. Dogs that are agressive and kill... seem like the ones that maul a toddler too

My moms in an area that is nice and a bit rural.

I carrry my expired spray when we walk with her dogs... last time I was home I sprayed 3 dogs one day... I guess I am challenged by those let their kids and dogs run around and say they are good kids. They don’t do Nuffin
Nuffin wring at all

Reactions: Mwalex