• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

13d3eb59-2c95-4d35-927d-a989566e3783.jpg

Uhhh, you allowed someone to date your daughter?
yes I did, but I had the Birds & the Bees & the Baseball Bat talk with him first. Then I showed him a beat up wood bat and told him the gouges in the bat were teeth marks from previous people that tried to date my daughter. I told him if he wanted to know who they were he could go to the S.O. website and look at the missing persons list.

I was young, and dumb at 16. So yeah, thats too young for anyone IMO. That said, its impossible to stop kids doing what they want to do. All you can do is guide them, help them to understand the concept of personal responsibility, and provide the right environment for them to grow into good adults. I do my best with all 3 of my kids, but I too make mistakes. We are a Christian family, but we talk 'real' with our kids. Don't hide the world from them at all, but will protect them with our lives. I reckon most on here would be in the same position - we just want our kids to grow up happy, healthy, and contribute to society. My kids will be allowed to date when they are responsible enough to handle the repercussions if things get out of hand. My boys, when they have a solid job and are self-sufficient, and same with my daughter. That's just me though, and there are SO many different opinions on the right age. All kids mature at different rates. I'm blessed that mine are quite mature for their age, maybe because their mother is so damn amazing. Sorry for the diversion from motivational pics everyone!