• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

That is the main reason why I ALWAYS have a big bore revolver carried in an easily accessible position whenever I am in the woods and fields. Hunting, camping, or just taking a walk. One of my coworkers just purchased a beautiful and stately Dan Wesson Razorback RZ-10 for the same purpose.

ETA: This post is incomplete without a Razorback pic:

dan-wesson.gif

Last edited:
Wait ....what....there are lies on the inter webs?!!

Even if the picture was doctored for shock/entertainment, situations like this are not out of the realm of possibility at all. Just like violent urban street crime, wild animal attacks are sudden, overwhelming, and if not immediately fatal, gruesome and painful beyond all doubt. I remember when I had been very young and reading the Hatchet series of novels by Gary Paulsen. Awesome books by the way. Very realistic survival scenarios. In the final sequel, Brian sets out alone into the wilderness to track down and kill the rogue grizzly that had slaughtered almost the entire Cree family who were his friends. Damn bear ends up tracking him, and even with a MA-3 broadhead that passed through it, the bear would have killed Brian if the kid had not held up his final arrow like a lance and the bear impaled itself upon it as it lunged at him. I knew outright that the kid had made a potentially suicidal decision when he set out on his journey without packing along a handgun of sufficient caliber in addition to his main weapon.

My sister was bitten by a moose.

QUOTE="Blue Sky Country, post: 7866865, member: 130753"]
Even if the picture was doctored for shock/entertainment, situations like this are not out of the realm of possibility at all. Just like violent urban street crime, wild animal attacks are sudden, overwhelming, and if not immediately fatal, gruesome and painful beyond all doubt. I remember when I had been very young and reading the Hatchet series of novels by Gary Paulsen. Awesome books by the way. Very realistic survival scenarios. In the final sequel, Brian sets out alone into the wilderness to track down and kill the rogue grizzly that had slaughtered almost the entire Cree family who were his friends. Damn bear ends up tracking him, and even with a MA-3 broadhead that passed through it, the bear would have killed Brian if the kid had not held up his final arrow like a lance and the bear impaled itself upon it as it lunged at him. I knew outright that the kid had made a potentially suicidal decision when he set out on his journey without packing along a handgun of sufficient caliber in addition to his main weapon.
[/QUOTE]

I've spent a fair share of time in woods all over the Western US for recreation and as part of a Wilderness SAR K9 Team.
I have only seen an apex predator three times when deployed. All three were tearing ass to get away from me and the team.
I'm sure that the occasional stalk occurs, but it's far from the norm.
I still carry in the woods, regardless of where I'm going- but that's primarily as a human counter-measures.

Last edited:
Dang, y’all got into them good! Talking about the fish here. Like that knife. I really like the smooth scales like that one has. I have big hands, and precut finger groves never really fit me right. I’ll have one of their knives, I’m just holding out. They keep dropping new stuff on their page and it’s hard to hold off. One day I’m going to buy a belt sander and give it a try. I already do some woodwork, so how hard can it be, right?..........

Dang, y’all got into them good! Talking about the fish here. Like that knife. I really like the smooth scales like that one has. I have big hands, and precut finger groves never really fit me right. I’ll have one of their knives, I’m just holding out. They keep dropping new stuff on their page and it’s hard to hold off. One day I’m going to buy a belt sander and give it a try. I already do some woodwork, so how hard can it be, right?..........
My son had his limit in 5 min the rest were done in 20 min. The fishing was good. HF will not disappoint.

Go back to Austin. Odessa was a great place until all of you moved here
Really? Odessa has gotten that bad? I used to live in Midland in the mid 70"s, and the last time i visited that area was in "92. It was a lot bigger then from what I remembered, but never thought it would turn to the shit. That really sucks to hear. What happened?