• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1575778796429.png

Doesn't surprise me at all. I went to Catholic school until the eighth grade. Some of the toughest, meanest women I ever had contact with. Even looks like the Habit's they wore. School Sisters of Notre Dame. I think I have to thank them at least for teaching me how to be disciplined in life.

We have been spending some time in Wyoming looking at property and plan on moving there next year. One of the realtors we talked to mentioned Kanya West had bought property nearby and I said "who's that"? He said he's some famous rapper guy that's married to one of the Kardashians. I told him I didn't really know who either of them are or really give a shit about supposedly famous people, he said, "You'll fit in fine here"
Yup. We moved to Laramie three years ago and love it, despite the winds and winter. Note that vehicle licensing and property taxes are surprisingly high compared to Colorado Springs. Came as a bit of a shock when the house was finished.

Cheers, Richard

I’m not ready for the nursing home yet but...

c_rat1.jpg
If you have C Rat cans and chicklets you are ready for the home, and those mre's I ate in 81-89, the ones I kept, the plastic outside literally dry rotted out and crumbled. I threw them out last week.

I bought a new case last week and they are like a buffet compared to what I ate back then.

Reactions: Barneybdb
There was a reason that they use to burn people at the stake.
Winter traditions[edit]
Krampus[edit]

Main article: Krampus

Krampus

The word Krampus originates from the Old High German word for claw (Krampen). In the Alpine regions, the Krampus is a mythical horned figure represented as accompanying Saint Nicholas. Krampus acts as an anti–Saint Nicholas, who, instead of giving gifts to good children, gives warnings and punishments to the bad children.[2] Traditionally, young men dress up as the Krampus in the first two weeks of December, particularly in the evening of December 5, and roam the streets frightening children and women with rusty chains, hammers and bells. This figure is believed to originate from stories of house spirits such as kobolds or elves.

Perchten[edit]

Main article: Perchta

Originally, the word Perchten (plural of Perchta) referred to the female masks representing the entourage of an ancient goddess, Frau Perchta, or Pehta Baba as it is known in Slovenia. Some claim a connection to the Nordic goddess Freyja, though this is uncertain. Traditionally, the masks were displayed in processions (Perchtenlauf) during the last week of December and first week of January, and particularly on January 6. The costume consists of a brown wooden mask and brown or white sheep's skin. In recent times Krampus and Perchten have increasingly been displayed in a single event, leading to a loss of distinction of the two. Perchten are associated with midwinter and the embodiment of fate and the souls of the dead. The name originates from the Old High German word peraht ("brilliant" or "bright").

Sometimes, der Teufel is viewed to be the most schiach ("ugly") Percht (masculine singular of Perchten) and Frau Perchta to be the most schön ("beautiful") Perchtin (female singular of Perchten).