• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

another attempt to send messages over telegraph wires without morse code

ImpossibleVastAmurminnow-size_restricted.gif

Don't know if it's still the case, but there was a similar town here in FL. Their jurisdiction included about 1/4 mile of interstate. The state posted speed trap signs.

I remember reading about that town and how the court was open 24hrs a day so many people got pinched over speeding that the state took away the towns charter. I read it in a Road and Track magazine years ago.

Until the fall of 2014 Florida had two of the worst speed traps in America—Waldo and Lawtey. Now drivers can mark one of them off their list. Late in 2014, Waldo disbanded its small police. Waldo's seven officers wrote nearly 12,000 speeding tickets in 2013, collecting some $400,000.00 in fines.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
I have broken over twenty bones and have scars from surgeries and accidents. Lost count of how many stitches. Still have wire in my jaw from a motorcycle crash nearly fifty years ago. My left index finger is so badly mangle I cannot pick my nose with it. I don't find blood and gore motivating. Sorry about boring you with my body injuries,

Reactions: jrassy and Decoy
There are two small towns near where I live south of Dallas that are known as the speed trap capitol of Texas. Ferris and Palmer... Both are tiny one horse towns whose residents are mostly poor and I bet more than half of their revenue comes from them running speed traps on I45(speed limit is between 70 and 75, but people do 85-90 through there all the time). The cops have caused NUMEROUS accidents pulling out onto the highways at night with no lights on up to and including at least one fatality if not more. I believe their speed trap practices have been shut down or severely curtailed. The police chief and city manager of one of the towns "resigned" this summer under suspicious circumstances as well, but that supposedly had to do with the city manager embezzling money that was supposed to go to keeping the water tower filled(the city ran out of water like 6 times this past summer). Ill just say their speed trap practice hasnt been as prevalent the past few months.
This explains most small towns ,even some not so small, towns in Texas

Reactions: W54/XM-388
I'm not sure if I'm clear about your opinion, can you explain it a different way?
J/k ??

Even with further explanation I'm still not really "motivated" that it took Federal Agents EIGHT YEARS to catch some jackass for fraud after a 2004 conviction. Great, he was caught. Then they let him out, and he walks around for 8 years? I remain unmotivated by local/state and federal authorities' lack of motivation to catch and keep known bad guys.

I'm also not enthusiastic about displays of force by an increasingly oppressive government, who does not appear to represent me and my interests while using my tax dollars to further their wayward agenda.

Back to titties, please.

Even with further explanation I'm still not really "motivated" that it took Federal Agents EIGHT YEARS to catch some jackass for fraud after a 2004 conviction. Great, he was caught. Then they let him out, and he walks around for 8 years? I remain unmotivated by local/state and federal authorities' lack of motivation to catch and keep known bad guys.

I'm also not enthusiastic about displays of force by an increasingly oppressive government, who does not appear to represent me and my interests while using my tax dollars to further their wayward agenda.

Back to titties, please.

The cops caught him, but someone else released him.

I'm guessing lots of speeding tickets?

another attempt to send messages over telegraph wires without morse code

ImpossibleVastAmurminnow-size_restricted.gif

I worked in Washington DC back in the early 80's. They still used these to communicate to other departments. It was actually a very fast way to get important info to everyone. Sadly, about 1985, the parts dried up and I was tasked to basically invent something that would do this electronically. I got it done and they are still using my design today.

I worked in Washington DC back in the early 80's. They still used these to communicate to other departments. It was actually a very fast way to get important info to everyone. Sadly, about 1985, the parts dried up and I was tasked to basically invent something that would do this electronically. I got it done and they are still using my design today.

I remember when command post used those to notify units of security changes, weather, etc.

I was a Comms guy... we had stuff in the late 80s that went back to WWII and used tubes, in the inventor and still in use.

Wow.

Washington D.C. I-295's notorious speed camera is one of the District's most productive and controversial. It’s generated more than $26 million in just two and a half years. The District lowered the speed limit to 40 mph in May, while it doubled the fines, making it a work zone 24/7. Nov 19, 2019

Remember, it's for YOUR safety.

Washington D.C. I-295's notorious speed camera is one of the District's most productive and controversial. It’s generated more than $26 million in just two and a half years. The District lowered the speed limit to 40 mph in May, while it doubled the fines, making it a work zone 24/7. Nov 19, 2019

Last time I was in DC there were 2 speed cameras on New York Ave within 1/4 of a mile. I'm sure the rest of the streets are covered by these cameras too.

The whole DC metro area employs Gestapo like traffic enforcement strictly for revenue generation, nothing else. Lived there for 25 years in Northern VA. Ridiculously low speed limits, absurdly high fines, cops with nothing better to do than harass motorists for trivial shit. Totally different attitude where I live now. I see cops maybe once a week if that, and they are doing actual police work.

I think it could be a while before we see that down here in Australia, but it does sound good....
No doubt that it will be while before anyone sees anything nearing the aging that this whiskey was known for. 12-16 years of aging vs. the 2-4 years of aging that his great grandson is doing out of Ohio. If I have to wait 12 years and then pay the exorbitant price they are going to want for it, I’m afraid I’ll never taste a drop. The grandson is already getting $199/bottle for 2-4 year aged whiskey. I think I’ll pass.

• Sad
Reactions: TACC and Barneybdb