• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1587338476997.png

Seeing this memorial was very inspiring. To see the names of all those who have died while fishing was sobering.

View attachment 7303396
Gloucester... Now filled with yuppies, fern bars and Boston Techies. But, yes, a community with an amazing history behind it! And sobering to see the names indeed. Too bad most of them have been priced out of town and sent to live with the 'poors' in less picturesque communities.

Sirhr

Seeing this memorial was very inspiring. To see the names of all those who have died while fishing was sobering.

View attachment 7303396

I dont know....dying while fishing doesn't sound too bad.
I have to worry about dying at work, and having to be fished out of a tank of raw sewage. "He died doing what he loves." Yeah, that couldn't apply to me.

@Zorrosdens , have you ever eaten at the Jalisco Cafe down in south bay? It’s kind of between IB and Chula Vista on Palm Ave. They used to have the absolute best Mexican food in the area. Ate there all the time! I don’t even know if they are still there. When my mom would come visit from NC, we would pick them up at the airport, and she always asked to stop there for a meal on the way to the house.

• Love
Reactions: Zorrosdens
@Zorrosdens , have you ever eaten at the Jalisco Cafe down in south bay? It’s kind of between IB and Chula Vista on Palm Ave. They used to have the absolute best Mexican food in the area. Ate there all the time! I don’t even know if they are still there. When my mom would come visit from NC, we would pick them up at the airport, and she always asked to stop there for a meal on the way to the house.
Never eat much far from north county mostly, always used to LOVE Las Olas north of Seaside Surf spot in Cardiff down on the beach. Worked around lots of “Amigos” (great people) in the construction of big big dollar homes in Rancho Santa Fe and Fairbanks Ranch areas (finish woodworking) ... one’s wife would make greasy orange tamales for him and he let us have one each, talk about good, cooked in corn husk, cornmeal, meat...we payed to have her make a bunch regularly. Messy to eat and Didn’t matter what they cost, we loved them and not to even bring up Mexican down Baja way... I love Mexican eating. ?

Last edited:
Never eat much far from north county mostly, always used to LOVE Las Olas north of Seaside Surf spot in Cardiff down on the beach. Worked around lots of “Amigos” (great people) in the construction of big big dollar homes in Rancho Santa Fe and Fairbanks Ranch areas (finish woodworking) ... one’s wife would make greasy orange tamales for him and he let have one each, talk about good, cooked in corn husk, meat...we payed to have her make a bunch regularly. Didn’t matter what they cost, we loved them and not bring up Mexican down Baja way... I love Mexican eating. ?
Then, of course, ma pa family taco stands various Encinitas locations along 101. ❤