• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1592638888211.png

Pijing: Pi is in high to low tone, as in PEe. Jing is flat tone.

Tone pronunciation is very important in the Chinese language. For example, pijou means beer. It is pronounced peE jou. peE is an ascending tone. If someone is to use a descending tone and say PEe jou, it will literally mean "fart liquor"...
I don’t understand - there’s a difference? :unsure:

Reactions: LeftyJason
I built a house in Wellesley Ma years ago in which after many revisions the architect put the roofline through the master bathroom window. I told my boss. He said I was wrong do it the way it's drawn. So I did put the plywood on and went home. Took 3 days to rip it apart and fix it
My father was a real custom home builder. Had a set of custom wood spiral stairs to build and install, but the architect had them spiraled the wrong way. My father pointed that out and tried to convince the architect to correct it, but was told to just do it like the prints showed. He did but made a hefty bet with the architect beforehand.

Finished them up and invited the architect to come see them. They came up under the landing as drawn. Architect was mad, but a man about it. He paid the bet and paid for building the stairs again.