• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1593745557057.png

Man I wish I could bottle those tears... I’d use it to lube my firearms daily.

Mods let me know if this is getting too close to the line...happy to delete.

edit: I just ordered one of these for my G21 in her honor

i-gb5XzDJ.jpg

Last edited:
I'm 58. I work out with barbells. You are an inspiration. I can't see hitting those numbers without a major lifestyle change.
I lifted a lot when I was younger and wish I would have had a good coach back then. I started lifting again at 52 after a series of bad injuries and surgeries. Fortunately a couple of Team USA power lifters took me under their wing and coached me up. I was amazed at the gains I made and how quickly they came. It seemed every Beast Wednesday I was setting a new PR. Then the injury bug hit again, double femoral hernia surgery. I was really bummed but the surgeon told me I could start lifting as soon as I could tolerate the paint. Exactly 2 weeks after double hernia surgery I squatted 315 for reps. Oddly enough, the exercise that hurt the most was bench because of the stretch it put on my abs. I don't compete because I have a week bench and the 2 weight classes I teeter between are occupied by Dave Ricks and Mark Robb who are beyond human in the M3 class.

Reactions: Maxwell
My father was an artilleryman during WWII. He was practically deaf in his left ear. He never talked to me about the war until I went in the military.

I was the only one of my siblings to join the military and was the only one he would share his experiences with.

My father also served in WWII and when I graduated from school, I told my dad I was going to go into the military. He outright forbid me from doing it. Between my mom and dad's families, they lost 5 men in the war. My dad told me that he didn't want another drop of our blood shed in the military. I obeyed him, went on to a decent career and retired at 55. I have had a happy life, but I still wish my dad would have given me his graces.

A bit of a back story. My dad should have been the 6th family member to have died in WWII. He was injured in France, shipped over to England, where he spent a year in the hospital there. From England, he spent almost another 2 years at Walter Reed. For all this, they gave him a disability of $25 a month, which increased over the years to $45 at his death. Needless to say he was bitter.

My father also served in WWII and when I graduated from school, I told my dad I was going to go into the military. He outright forbid me from doing it. Between my mom and dad's families, they lost 5 men in the war. My dad told me that he didn't want another drop of our blood shed in the military. I obeyed him, went on to a decent career and retired at 55. I have had a happy life, but I still wish my dad would have given me his graces.

A bit of a back story. My dad should have been the 6th family member to have died in WWII. He was injured in France, shipped over to England, where he spent a year in the hospital there. From England, he spent almost another 2 years at Walter Reed. For all this, they gave him a disability of $25 a month, which increased over the years to $45 at his death. Needless to say he was bitter.

My dad was infantry in Korea, twice wounded. When I mentioned the army, he raised his voice for probably the third time in my life. I said, okay marines...tone changed (not for the good). After a short conversation, he said he was okay with navy or AF. Checked out the navy, but without homo experience...

Very late in life, he talked about a few experiences.

My father was an artilleryman during WWII. He was practically deaf in his left ear. He never talked to me about the war until I went in the military.

I was the only one of my siblings to join the military and was the only one he would share his experiences with.

I’ve known this guy for about two years and we are both in the Air Force. Of course I was a pud knocker compared to this guy who was a forward combat controller.

So one day were chatting and I’m talking about the one time that I made a mistake of volunteering for some thing and actually ended up in what turned out to be a hot combat zone for which I was not trained. It was honestly a total shit show...

Now I know this guy will totally understand what I mean because you can’t do his job without having seen a lot of action; and Air Force Forward Combat Controller is not a desk job... and it’s generally not an easy job either...

He started telling me about a few of his encounters unsolicited and I was like h-o-l-y shit.

Me “Man, how do you not have PTSD?“

Him “ Oh, I had that and alcohol...”. “ Had to give up the alcohol...”

I am never surprised that World War II veterans, or veterans in general, don’t want to talk about the shit they seen, have done.

My little shit show sucked bad enough I cannot imagine having to do that for four years straight... or being a Marine and storming a beach someplace and watching your buddies all take it hard...

I am in awe of anybody that keeps it to themselves, hard though that probably is, and doesn’t take to the bottle or pills... at least for a time.

My Grandfather was a mortarman in Korea and I am the only one of his children / grandchildren that joined the military. He has told me some incredible stories about his experiences that noone else in our family will ever know and it is due to our shared military service. The most amazing part is that he wants to tell someone about his experiences, but he knows noone else will understand!

So she thinks it's OK to threaten to stab someone! Typical left wing, claim to be peaceful but just a bunch of violent thugs.

Don't understand why the "Angry" emojis, must be from a bunch of liberals (please reply why you don't agree and why you feel that it was acceptable for her to threaten to stab someone!).

Reactions: 338dude
Don't understand why the "Angry" emojis, must be from a bunch of liberals (please reply why you don't agree and why you feel that it was acceptable for her to threaten to stab someone!).
Well, here’s the thing about emojis: they illustrate an emotion. So the angry emoji can illustrate one’s anger at your comment in the post or anger at the idiot woman who made the comments. This is just the same as the laughter emoji. One can use it to illustrate that one thinks a post is funny or one can illustrate that they think you are an idiot and are laughing at you. It’s pretty hard to tell sometimes without additional context.