• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1596351803850.gif

And yet I've seen more than 1 Duramax make it past 400k with nothing but injectors. What kind of tune was on it?

The 22re is fine, but it's not the most reliable motor out there according to my mechanic buddies who have them stacked up waiting to get fixed.

Toyota has done one hell of a job on marketing. Not sure how they hold their value so well. It's funny, every Toyota guy I talk to has had more work done to their truck than my 20 year old 250k mile Chevy.

Every manufacturer gets a lemon from time to time. I'm just not sold on paying 5x the price for 50hp than what I can buy 300 for.
Yah sure, I have a big dog too.

You remind of one of those NASCAR knuckle draggers, or the guys at the truck pulls that gets a few beers in and want to fight every guy with a Ford T-shirt. Oh, maybe I shouldn't have mentioned NASCAR since Toyota won the championship last year.

You must live in Duramax heaven, or you may only know 2 guys that own them. I guess you never heard of the injector harness issues, dual mass flywheel failures, head gasket failures, high pressure pump failures, lower ball joint failures, front hub failures, Allison transmission input shaft failures. They are prone to head gasket failure because the engine makes a tone of torque and the all aluminum Isuzu block flexes too much.

Toyota trucks have the best resale value for a reason, and used cars aren't valued or sold based on advertising geared towards their new car sales. A new 4Runner SR5 TRD sells for about $60K, a new Tahoe LTZ Z71 sell for about $65K, a Yukon Denali is about $70K, 2 years down the road the Toyota still sells for close to new price, while the GM products sell for a $20K loss.

As for your horsepower claims, the 22RE in my son's 4Runner is rated at 150BHP, the Vortec in my Tahoe is rated at 255BHP. When you consider the Tahoe weighs 5200 and the 4Runner weighs 3500, the 4Runner has almost the same power to weight ratio.

My Duramax is a bone stock LLY, nothing more than a KN air filter, a one piece flywheel and Centerforce clutch for mods.

I also drive a Chevy with over 250K miles on it, but it's a utilitarian POS Tahoe that is basic transportation. It gets me back and forth to work but it's on it's 4 set of front hubs, second transmission, I can't remember how many sets of brakes, and the typical Chevy heater controller, heater motor, heater blend actuator, heater blower resistor problems all Chevy trucks have, and it has a bad case of the Chevy Shake at speeds over 75mph.

*** This picture is just to keep @Dirty D off of my back for engaging in this useless banter.

1596353933957.png

Last edited:
Yah sure, I have a big dog too.

You remind of one of those NASCAR knuckle draggers, or the guys at the truck pulls that gets a few beers in and want to fight every guy with a Ford T-shirt. Oh, maybe I shouldn't have mentioned NASCAR since Toyota won the championship last year.

You must live in Duramax heaven, or you may only know 2 guys that own them. I guess you never heard of the injector harness issues, dual mass flywheel failures, head gasket failures, high pressure pump failures, lower ball joint failures, front hub failures, Allison transmission input shaft failures. They are prone to head gasket failure because the engine makes a tone of torque and the all aluminum Isuzu block flexes too much.

Toyota trucks have the best resale value for a reason, and used cars aren't valued or sold based on advertising geared towards their new car sales. A new 4Runner SR5 TRD sells for about $60K, a new Tahoe LTZ Z71 sell for about $65K, a Yukon Denali is about $70K, 2 years down the road the Toyota still sells for close to new price, while the GM products sell for a $20K loss.

As for your horsepower claims, the 22RE in my son's 4Runner is rated at 150BHP, the Vortec in my Tahoe is rated at 255BHP. When you consider the Tahoe weighs 5200 and the 4Runner weighs 3500, the 4Runner has almost the same power to weight ratio.

My Duramax is a bone stock LLY, nothing more than a KN air filter, a one piece flywheel and Centerforce clutch for mods.

I also drive a Chevy with over 250K miles on it, but it's a utilitarian POS Tahoe that is basic transportation. It gets me back and forth to work but it's on it's 4 set of front hubs, second transmission, I can't remember how many sets of brakes, and the typical Chevy heater controller, heater motor, heater blend actuator, heater blower resistor problems all Chevy trucks have, and it has a bad case of the Chevy Shake at speeds over 75mph.

*** This picture is just to keep @Dirty D off of my back for engaging in this useless banter.

View attachment 7388993
D’s gonna be beside himself with that smile, I’m sure 😁. 🤙

Soo... It's a toilet really short people can use in relative comfort?
That is funny! I'm really short 5'4" and my neighbors are both a lot taller than me. She's 5'10 he's 5'11". I was contracting overseas and she oversaw the remodel of my bathrooms. As a result I have two toilets that I can barely flat foot when sitting and an extra big bathtub that I can only touch the end if if I almost completely flat lol