• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

2A702CE8-DE63-4BFC-83F7-24324319D569.jpeg

My catch yesterday!

We've seen loads of activity in the back yard over the last month with Cooper's hawks hunting voles and squirrels. The first picture may look familiar to some of you. I put it up here on the Hide a couple of years ago. I'm guessing that the hawk in the first picture is the offspring of the hawk in the second picture. We have not seen the mother hawk around here in a couple of years. Yesterday, she camped out on our fence while harassing the local squirrel population, but I did not see her score a kill. I've got a decent face-on picture of her launching a kill strike about 5 years ago but can't manage to find it in the archive.

CV3B5144ed.jpg

CV3B4756ed2.jpg

We've seen loads of activity in the back yard over the last month with Cooper's hawks hunting voles and squirrels. The first picture may look familiar to some of you. I put it up here on the Hide a couple of years ago. I'm guessing that the hawk in the first picture is the offspring of the hawk in the second picture. We have not seen the mother hawk around here in a couple of years. Yesterday, she camped out on our fence while harassing the local squirrel population, but I did not see her score a kill. I've got a decent face-on picture of her launching a kill strike about 5 years ago but can't manage to find it in the archive.

View attachment 7428201

View attachment 7428202
For those closeups what focal length in play? 🤙

For those closeups what focal length in play? 🤙

It's a Canon 28-300 and I'm sure it was at full zoom for those shots. When it was new, it was sharp as a tack but it's taken over a million shots - literally - and has been hit by all kinds of shit like soccer balls, high action titties, gun stocks, etc., so it's on its back nine now, if you know what I mean.

It's a Canon 28-300 and I'm sure it was at full zoom for those shots. When it was new, it was sharp as a tack but it's taken over a million shots - literally - and has been hit by all kinds of shit like soccer balls, high action titties, gun stocks, etc., so it's on its back nine now, if you know what I mean.
Rodger that, nice work and great to hear it’s used “all-around”...high action is what it’s about...at the end or start of an active day...😉 Carry on! 🤙 In my earlier photojournalism days one of the mains said “don’t be afraid to go “tight”... never forgot that ever. 🤙

Last edited: