• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1601525518877.jpeg

No, any salt in water and you will produce chlorine and sodium hydroxide. The bonds between the sodium and chloride in salt are weaker than the bonds between oxygen and hydrogen in water There have been catalyst advances that reduce the electric needed to make hydrogen from water, but it’s nowhere close to economical to do so. (YET)

Sodium hydroxide would be precipitate.
The bubbly anode/cathode will be the H2. The anode/cathode that the bubbles stick to will be the O2.

Have a wonderful evening.

Reactions: Oldloser
A lot of hydrogen sold for cars in CA comes from cracking methane.
Why not run CNG aka methane for the cars?

you can also make hydrogen from salt water separation with DC current.
So you can take 100 units of electricity
Run electrodes in salt water
One electrode makes chlorine gas and the other hydrogen

you 100 units of electricity generates 40 units of hydrogen

the 40 units are then transported
Added to a pump system
Pumped into a Hydrogen cell in a car

the hydrogen cell then makes25-35 units of electricity

Crazy waste of energy

It all depends on where the electricity comes from to bust apart the molecule....this is where the Iceland comment comes from, a country rich with geothermal could be a huge producer of hydrogen.

In a VERY GENERAL way of thinking not a real good idea using salt water, as the "salt" sodium chloride that is attached to the water molecule is usually hanging on to one of the hydrogen atoms, or a more complex compound stuck to that fat oxygen guy makes things "messy" with "normal" water you only have to deal with H2O, with salt water you have a couple other things along for the ride you need to deal with.

I don't even pretend to know all the answers, and I don't know if hydrogen powered vehicles is "the" answer.....however there is one thing I do know. Batteries are a real shitty way to store power, and release power, charging is a "crazy waste of energy", batteries are heavy, hell the batteries in a Tesla weigh as much as a toyota....and does a vehicle that weighs more take more "energy" to get it moving....ahhh yup. And we will not even get into just how messy lithium mining is, but that really does not matter as the sheeple that love this tech don't see that out their front window do they.

This has gotten real long haired for a lets poke holes in paper with lead type forum, and in re writing this I put in a lot of "" and changed some words around to help others that are not as "into" this get some more out of it.....but lets get back to boobies.

This fascinates me, but for an entirely different reason. I've been riding motorcycles for almost 50 years; I have seen center stands, right side engine outputs, left side throttle, right side shifting etc., but I have never seen in all that time a Kick Stand (or Jiffy Stand if you prefer) on the right.

This fascinates me, but for an entirely different reason. I've been riding motorcycles for almost 50 years; I have seen center stands, right side engine outputs, left side throttle, right side shifting etc., but I have never seen in all that time a Kick Stand (or Jiffy Stand if you prefer) on the right.

The numbers on the license plate appear to be backwards...

Good eyes. Also the Hyundai logo on the car is backwards so the video is flipped. But something else is weird even if the video is flipped back. She gets off the bike on the "high side". You have to raise your leg higher and you are dismounting next to a hot exhaust. That's just weird considering she is lifting a little human while doing that.