• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

3AF76380-7F42-4B87-8D35-0F5CA6599636.jpeg

They look like Colt 1847 Walkers, based on the unsecured loading lever, though I don't know why those were chosen. It's a Texas brewery, right? Probably because of the tie to the Mexican American War.

Walker Colts

Texas Ranger Captain Sam Walker went to meet with Sam Colt to request an improved, larger caliber revolver. Sam Colt obliged, and created the new model, the Walker Colt.

Then, once issued, Texas Rangers carried at least a pair of the loaded revolvers, and adopted the Comanche hit and run, from horseback tactics used by their enemies. The tactics worked just as well, or better, than the expert archers and horsemen that terrorized the plains.

Therefore, if there was an official firearm of Texas, it would be the Walker Colt.

MAGATron.png

View attachment 7528278

I could take out the whole 20,000 troops with five Stacey Abrahams and two truck loads of KFC.

Never did. I Did McClellan, Benning, and Bragg as a 54b. Worked with enough guys at Bragg that had been there that I know what it's about.
I did a project at Anniston where I had to carry two respirators one that I wore for work and one that I carried in case the alarms went off next-door the incinerator. The good news is they were finished with the VX the bad news was they were burning mustard. Never needed the one on my hip.

Let's just say it's not a good place for a picnic...
I've read accounts of where ordnance-types working the site had to enter on hands and knees just to pick through and navigate between all the random pieces of ordnance strewn about by random high-order events. That said, I've enjoyed many a bag lunch in front of that gate!

Reactions: Zorrosdens
Huh??? Wut???

I mean... I've been....... like....... STUPID drunk before..... Like...... REALLY. FUCKING. STUPID. DRUNK...... But I don't think I've ever reached a state of inebriation needed for something like this to happen...

1E2E67A5-B47F-4220-8D14-719016CE41C6-1779001.jpg
im going to be charatable.....and at least offer a suggestion of wtf might be going on....

i could potentially see them having to remove the optics for transport/ storage.....and they clip it to the rail so optics stay with the rifle

most optics retain zero....so once they deploy, they just mount them properly....

thats my educated guess.

im going to be charatable.....and at least offer a suggestion of wtf might be going on....

i could potentially see them having to remove the optics for transport/ storage.....and they clip it to the rail so optics stay with the rifle

most optics retain zero....so once they deploy, they just mount them properly....

thats my educated guess.

That is actually very reasonable. Packing crates have limited space and the rifle with the optic placed on top may take up more space than the container allows. I've shipped open-top Colt style revolvers that I had worked on back to clients partially disassembled before, due to me having only tiny shipping cartons on hand. Too small for the revolver to go in fully, but once the barrel taken off the arbor, both parts can be snugly wrapped and nestled in without much hassle with room for filler material... I can see that happening there too...

PERFECT!!! I still would have had to change my shorts right there on the tarmac.
you might want to look up the definition of tarmac. Because, that isn't tarmac.
Very overused/misunderstood word.
Just FYI, not the grammar police

Tar·mac
/ˈtärˌmak/

noun
trademark in UK
noun: tarmac
  1. material used for surfacing roads or other outdoor areas, consisting of crushed rock mixed with tar.
    "the tarmac path"

Tar·mac
/ˈtärˌmak/

noun
trademark in UK
noun: tarmac
  1. material used for surfacing roads or other outdoor areas, consisting of crushed rock mixed with tar.
    "the tarmac path"
That's odd. Even all the time I spent on the flightline at Mildenhall and Lakenheath or even Stetford airport, the larger area was still called "tarmac"