Maggie’s  Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

Downtown

PX Member
Minuteman
  • Mar 1, 2013
    The revolves on the Revolver Brewing Co logo are what make and model revolvers?

And why is that?
    They look like Colt 1847 Walkers, based on the unsecured loading lever, though I don't know why those were chosen. It's a Texas brewery, right? Probably because of the tie to the Mexican American War.

isofahunter

Get Tough or Die!
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Jun 11, 2010
    Hill Country of Texas
    They look like Colt 1847 Walkers, based on the unsecured loading lever, though I don't know why those were chosen. It's a Texas brewery, right? Probably because of the tie to the Mexican American War.
    Texas Rangers is my guess for the link to the Colt's. It was the Battle of Walker's Creek that linked Colt to the Texas Rangers.

Granbury, TX and the Blood & Honey is a fav of mine.

Garvey

Sergeant
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    May 1, 2010
    Melissa, Texas

Walker Colts

Texas Ranger Captain Sam Walker went to meet with Sam Colt to request an improved, larger caliber revolver. Sam Colt obliged, and created the new model, the Walker Colt.

Then, once issued, Texas Rangers carried at least a pair of the loaded revolvers, and adopted the Comanche hit and run, from horseback tactics used by their enemies. The tactics worked just as well, or better, than the expert archers and horsemen that terrorized the plains.

Therefore, if there was an official firearm of Texas, it would be the Walker Colt.

TripleBull

This one goes to 11
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Feb 13, 2017
    Sunny Colorado

TripleBull

This one goes to 11
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Feb 13, 2017
    Sunny Colorado

Expert684

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Feb 22, 2013
    Lafayette, La
    View attachment 7528278

I could take out the whole 20,000 troops with five Stacey Abrahams and two truck loads of KFC.

XTR

F-TR junkie
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Sep 4, 2010
    Lebanon, NH
    www.onlinehumidor.com
    Never did. I Did McClellan, Benning, and Bragg as a 54b. Worked with enough guys at Bragg that had been there that I know what it's about.
    I did a project at Anniston where I had to carry two respirators one that I wore for work and one that I carried in case the alarms went off next-door the incinerator. The good news is they were finished with the VX the bad news was they were burning mustard. Never needed the one on my hip.

kl3309

glock, 'cause poors are poor
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Oct 26, 2011
    Defunded!
    Let's just say it's not a good place for a picnic...
    I've read accounts of where ordnance-types working the site had to enter on hands and knees just to pick through and navigate between all the random pieces of ordnance strewn about by random high-order events. That said, I've enjoyed many a bag lunch in front of that gate!

Reactions: Zorrosdens