• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1612711647_3vmowki1vk.jpg

Don’t want to be a buzzkill, cause I like it too, but lots of obviously copyrighted or watermarked material being posted lately.

My Fa
View attachment 7548943

WW II uncovered

🇺🇲
Master Sergeant Woodrow Wilson Keeble Hero of Guadalcanal
An athletic man, Master Sergeant Keeble was being recruited by the Chicago White Sox when he was called to duty in WWII. Woodrow Wilson Keeble was a U.S. Army National Guard combat veteran of both World War II and the Korean War. He was a full-blooded member of the Sisseton Wahpeton Oyate of the Lake Traverse North Dakota.

In World War II, Keeble served with I Company of the famed North Dakota 164th Infantry Regiment. The 164th Infantry landed on Guadalcanal on October 13, 1942, to help the First Marine Division, which had suffered heavy losses while clearing the South Pacific island of Japanese.
Keeble's regiment of Dakotans was the first United States Army unit to conduct an offensive operation against the enemy in any theater. Despite its ad hoc formation, the Americal Division fought well at Guadalcanal, the 164th Infantry taking on a key role in the defeat of a major Japanese offensive in October 1942. Uniquely, the North Dakotans performed so heroically on Guadalcanal in support of the Marines that they received a Navy Presidential Unit Citation.

After the war Keeble continued his military career serving in the Korean War for which he was recognize with the Medal of Honor. For actions in combat, Keeble received the Distinguished Service Cross, the Silver Star, the Bronze Star two Purple Hearts and the Combat Infantryman Badge. Keeble became the first full-blooded Sioux Indian to receive the Medal of Honor during a White House ceremony, March 3, 2008.
After the Korean War, Master Sergeant Keeble returned to North Dakota and worked at the Wahpeton Indian School. Woodrow passed away on January 28, 1982 at the age of 64.

The Woodrow Wilson Keeble Memorial Health Care Center in Sisseton, South Dakota stands in his honor.
My Father was in the same regiment

Reactions: canman and 260284
Sorry 'bout that Safari Joe.
Listen! It ain't Joe Exotic! It ain't Safari Joe! It ain't Joe Shmoe or Joe Joe the Dog Face Boy or any of your other derogatory names! It is Eskimo Joe, and if you don't believe me get your happy ass out here. It is a whopping 15 degrees and no real chance of getting above freezing for another 10 days! Fuck this quarantine is making me irratible.
20210208_192118.jpg

Listen! It ain't Joe Exotic! It ain't Safari Joe! It ain't Joe Shmoe or Joe Joe the Dog Face Boy or any of your other derogatory names! It is Eskimo Joe, and if you don't believe me get your happy ass out here. It is a whopping 15 degrees and no real chance of getting above freezing for another 10 days! Fuck this quarantine is making me irratible.
View attachment 7550700
I drove down through OK this morning. Fucking rained and there was one hell of a pile up on 35 just North of OK city.

Prayers to all that were involved.

5D97DBAE-60F8-473C-A7D4-CD2AB212269A.jpeg
Shocking and fascinating book chronicling all the nuclear accidents and mishaps we’ve had. It is truly amazing and blind luck that we haven’t accidentally set one off.

Reactions: brianf
View attachment 7550700
15 degrees? You're adorable! I still go out shirtless when it's that warm. That's corn plantin' time round here.

With redundant levels of fail safes in these weapons there is ZERO chances of an accidental critical mass detonation but I would have still shit myself at the prospect of a shaped charge detonation!
We always had a saying, bad shit happens. Doesn't matter what precautions are taken, how many safety devices there are, how many procedures are in place, sooner or later bad shit happens. Want to make sure bad shit happens, just utter one of the following statements: what could possibly go wrong; what could go wrong next; nothing else could possibly go wrong. Ask and ye shall receive.

View attachment 7550700
Stan Clark would be proud of you, I spotted one of those shirts on Kodiak island years ago, the damn things are everywhere.

Reactions: Shanghai McCoy
We always had a saying, bad shit happens. Doesn't matter what precautions are taken, how many safety devices there are, how many procedures are in place, sooner or later bad shit happens. Want to make sure bad shit happens, just utter one of the following statements: what could possibly go wrong; what could go wrong next; nothing else could possibly go wrong. Ask and ye shall receive.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- Douglas Adams