• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1612851123568.png

I didn't know that they ever covered it, and as far as my search-fu is taking me I can't find that they ever did. There is a bootleg Zeppelin album called "(I can't get no) Satisfaction". It is a recording of a concert in Stockholm, Sweden but that song isn't on the recording. Just a usual Led Zeppelin playlist.

That's probably what I remember. Memory is the second thing to go; can't remember what was first.

I watched "The Birds " on TCM Sunday night. Just thought I'd point out what age does to the male brain. The movie was made in 1963 Three actresses. Tippy Hedren age 33,Suzanne Plechette age 26 and Jessica Tandy age 60. As I watched I kept thinking that Jessica Tandy was a good looking woman. I guess my mind does that because a younger woman would just kill an old man anyway.

At Dien Bien Phu the French mechanics assembled the Chaffiees on scene. Good mechanics are always a valuable asset. We are running low on people who want to do that stuff

The day is coming...

I predict in the not too distant future, we will wait months to have a tech LOOK at our vehicles. Labor rate will exceed $250 per hour and flat rate will be a thing of the past. Expect plumbers and other vocational types to be right alongside. But the good news is we will have an abundance of social influencers and gender experts.

$400 in 1945 is equivalent in purchasing power to about $5,788.31 today, an increase of $5,388.31 over 76 years. The dollar had an average inflation rate of 3.58% per year between 1945 and today, producing a cumulative price increase of 1,347.08%.

At today’s rate that’s still a good buy considering how many Jeep’s they made then.

Reactions: lash and Barneybdb
Shipping and assembly in today's dollar would triple the price.
Yes, I would love to have one and trying not to be an ass. I am just pointing out what's happened to the dollar.
$400 in 1945 is equivalent in purchasing power to about $5,788.31 today, an increase of $5,388.31 over 76 years. The dollar had an average inflation rate of 3.58% per year between 1945 and today, producing a cumulative price increase of 1,347.08%.

At today’s rate that’s still a good buy considering how many Jeep’s they made then.

Maybe of interest to some here:

Last edited:
I watched "The Birds " on TCM Sunday night. Just thought I'd point out what age does to the male brain. The movie was made in 1963 Three actresses. Tippy Hedren age 33,Suzanne Plechette age 26 and Jessica Tandy age 60. As I watched I kept thinking that Jessica Tandy was a good looking woman. I guess my mind does that because a younger woman would just kill an old man anyway.
There’s a lot out there, she worked hard in her life and made her own Mark, but this was a tidbit I thought was relevant today…and made me smile.

The day is coming...

I predict in the not too distant future, we will wait months to have a tech LOOK at our vehicles. Labor rate will exceed $250 per hour and flat rate will be a thing of the past. Expect plumbers and other vocational types to be right alongside. But the good news is we will have an abundance of social influencers and gender experts.
Social Influencer and Gender Expert…In this day…a HIGHLY sought after Profession. 😒😏🤙 Bless their little hearts…

Last edited:
The day is coming...

In 1996, when I first started fabricating and welding, my dad said "stick with it." "There will come a day when people with degrees aren't making any money, and the people that can do things with their hands will be making money."

And here we are...