• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

7AB3E67D-03BD-4514-8A7D-377061FCEA4D.jpeg

I was roofing on a mountain side, probably 3 years ago this summer, in Camden, ME; when what sounded like a helo on steroids approached. Turned to the sky, and not one or two, but SEVEN, in what I would call a 4 + 3 flight pattern, blazed over us. Quite an amazing sight
And the only thing in those parts is the former Brunswick NAS, SERE up by the NH/ME/Canada border (run out of PNSY) and the former Dow AFB up in Bangor.

Reactions: AMGtuned

TOP FUEL ACCELERATION IN PERSPECTIVE​

-One Top Fuel dragster 500 cubic-inch Hemi engine makes more horsepower (10,000HP / 7,456.999kW) than the first 5 rows at the Daytona 500.

-Under full throttle, a dragster engine consumes 1.2-1.5 gallons of nitro methane per second; a fully loaded 747 consumes jet fuel at the same rate with 25% less energy being produced.

-A stock Dodge Hemi V8 engine cannot produce enough power to merely drive the dragster's supercharger.

-With 3000 CFM of air being rammed in by the supercharger on overdrive, the fuel mixture is compressed into a near-solid form before ignition. Cylinders run on the verge of hydraulic lock at full throttle.

-At the stoichiometric 1.7:1 air/fuel mixture for nitro methane the flame front temperature measures 7050 degrees F.

-Nitromethane burns yellow. The spectacular white flame seen above the stacks at night is raw burning hydrogen, dissociated from atmospheric water vapor by the searing exhaust gases.

-Dual magnetos supply 44 amps to each spark plug. This is the output of an arc welder in each cylinder.

-Spark plug electrodes are totally consumed during a pass. After 1/2 way, the engine is dieseling from compression plus the glow of exhaust valves at 1400 degrees F. The engine can only be shut down by cutting the fuel flow.

-If spark momentarily fails early in the run, unburned nitro builds up in the affected cylinders and then explodes with sufficient force to blow cylinder heads off the block in pieces or split the block in half.

-Dragsters reach over 300 MPH (482 kmh) before you have completed reading this sentence.

-In order to exceed 300 MPH (482 kmh) in 4.5 seconds, dragsters must accelerate an average of over 4G's. In order to reach 200 MPH (322 kmh) well before half-track, the launch acceleration approaches 8G's.

-Top Fuel engines turn approximately 540 revolutions from light to light!

-Including the burnout, the engine must only survive 900 revolutions under load.

-The redline is actually quite high at 9500 RPM.

-THE BOTTOM LINE: Assuming all the equipment is paid off, the crew worked for free, and for once, NOTHING BLOWS UP, each run costs an estimated $1,000 per second.

-0 to 100 MPH (160 kmh) in .8 seconds (the first 60 feet of the run). 0 to 200 MPH (322 kmh) in 2.2 seconds (the first 350 feet of the run)

-6 G-forces at the starting line. 6 negative G-forces upon deployment of twin parachutes at 300 MPH (482 kmh).

-An NHRA Top Fuel Dragster accelerates quicker than any other land vehicle on earth - quicker than a jet fighter, quicker than the space shuttle.

The current Top Fuel dragster elapsed time record 3.659 seconds for the quarter-mile (Brittany Force). This was done at 338 MPH (544 kmh!).

Putting this all into perspective: You are driving the average $140,000 Lingenfelter twin-turbo powered Corvette Z06. Over a mile up the road, a Top Fuel dragster is staged and ready to launch down a quarter-mile strip as you pass. You have the advantage of a flying start. You run the 'Vette hard up through the gears and blast across the starting line and pass the dragster at an honest 200 MPH (322 kmh). The 'tree' goes green for both of you at that moment.
I
The dragster launches - starts after you. You keep your foot down hard, but you hear an incredibly brutal whine that sears your eardrums. Within 3 seconds the dragster catches you, passes you. He beats you to the finish line, a quarter-mile away from where you just passed him.

From a standing start, the dragster had spotted you at 200 MPH (322 kmh). Not only caught, but nearly blasted you off the road when he passed you within a mere 1320-foot-long race!
Why do we do this in America?

Because we fucking can.

God Bless America.

And the only thing in those parts is the former Brunswick NAS, SERE up by the NH/ME/Canada border (run out of PNSY) and the former Dow AFB up in Bangor.
I figured they were destined for Bangor Int'l (SIL has landed her C130 there), or the "proving ground"/SERE, that is stashed up around The County somewhere...... neat sight, haven't seen it again

This right here is the no bullshit truth. I remember the wailing and crying over the lack of Blue Bell. We damn near died from the lack of it, and there was raising of hands and praises when it started creeping back in to stores. The wandering in the desert was over, God had shown his love once more. Was it still contaminated? No one asked the question because no one gave a shit and the Schwann's ice cream sucked hind tit. Everyone ate the manna and was glad to have it, fresh cobbler was once again whole and potbelly spouses had something eat in the middle of the night. Fuck germs.

If we took the same outlook toward the virus we would be in a better world right now.

This right here is the no bullshit truth. I remember the wailing and crying over the lack of Blue Bell. We damn near died from the lack of it, and there was raising of hands and praises when it started creeping back in to stores. The wandering in the desert was over, God had shown his love once more. Was it still contaminated? No one asked the question because no one gave a shit and the Schwann's ice cream sucked hind tit. Everyone ate the manna and was glad to have it, fresh cobbler was once again whole and potbelly spouses had something eat in the middle of the night. Fuck germs.

If we took the same outlook toward the virus we would be in a better world right now.
This guy was in the trenches, god bless our Blue Bell Hell Veterans.

OK, I'm a list keeper. If I want to do shit, build shit or buy shit, it's probably on a list. If I don't think through priorities in advance, the next thing you know I bought something that I really don't want.

It's rare for me to get to check 2 items off the list in one day, but yesterday, I got to tick a rifle off the list (6 ARC AR) and a reloading room build (under-bench cabinet). I'm more of a bolt-action kind of guy, but since we're being told ARs will be banned, I'm on the band wagon. This is the first AR build I've done but I've got most of the parts on hand to build 2 more 6 ARCs, so we're on a roll. Today, I'm a motivated motherfucker.

CV3B4961ed.jpg

CV3B4962ed.jpg

CV3B4964ed.jpg

CV3B4965ed.jpg

CV3B4967ed.jpg