• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

It's ugly out there.
I'm sorry I exposed you to it.
But that's the way it is.

Did good last night, then cancelled out the good with a typical comment. Homeless guy got hit by a car. Compound fracture to the tibia just above the ankle. Cut the jeans leg off ,cut the sock off. Bandaged, vacuum splinted, loaded him on the cot, and the ambulance took off. Back at the station, "the cleanest thing on that guy was that white bone sticking out of his leg".

We won't go to hell, but when we get there God will say "I gotta let you in. But you Firemen go over there. Don't talk to anyone."
I did my EMT cert years ago. Never officially worked as one, just did the training. The all-nighter ER stints during training were interesting. I’m sure it would have been an eye opener to have continued.

I have seen some Shiite in the OR though, some real busted up ortho stuff. Not so much the sick, medical part, just nasty trauma. That was fun.

200.gif

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe.....There's lots of work so off I go....
From one tail to the next...There will be little rest...
But in the end...there will be a tale...
A Tale of the twelve tails I nailed...Eeny, meeny, miny, moe.

Reactions: Boon20 and TACC
A friend used to be an ER nurse and tried to gross me out with stories from the ER until I told him about some of the body recoveries we did in the Coast Guard, the ones where the coroner met us at the dock.
Be sure to tell them about trying to lift the deceased’s body out of the basket without gagging up yesterday’s breakfast and then you pull on his decomposing arm and it just comes away in your glove… fun times.

Be sure to tell them about trying to lift the deceased’s body out of the basket without gagging up yesterday’s breakfast and then you pull on his decomposing arm and it just comes away in your glove… fun times.
We called them strainers, we wrapped them in the US issue wool blankets when using the stokes litter so everything but the bones wouldn't strain through.

Grandfather said the same stories about WW2. Especially going in a burnt out tank.