• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

9BD38B60-2E61-4FE8-903E-4B735CA1AEA9.gif

Then later we found out it was a kitten.
Yeah, but can you imagine the weekend he must have had?

One Friday evening, an elderly man walked into a jewelry store with a gorgeous young lady at his side.

The man told the jeweler he would like a very special ring to give to his girlfriend.

The jeweler did some searching and then presented the man with a beautiful $5,000 ring.

"I'm not sure you quite understand," the old man said when he saw the item. "I need something more special than that."

The delighted jeweler then went over to his exclusive stock and came back with another ring.

"Here's an exceptional piece for only $40,000," he told the old man. He saw as the young lady's eye widened and her body trembled with excitement.

The old man seemed satisfied. He told the jeweler: "We'll take it." The jeweler asked how payment would be made.

The old man said he would be paying by cheque. He then noted, "I Know you have to make sure my check is good, so I'll write it out now and you can call the bank on Monday to verify the funds are there.

"I'll pick the ring up on Monday afternoon," he said. "Does that work for you?" The jeweler was fine with the arrangement.

On Monday morning, a very disgruntled jeweler called up the old man and told him, "There's no money in the account!"

The old man responded, "I know, but can you imagine the weekend I just had?"

You are proving their point. The reason there is a warning in owners manuals about drinking batteries is because the previous generation let their kids drink car batteries, then sued for it which caused the placement of the warning in the first place. And my generation doesn’t need to tune valves anymore because most engines are engineered to accomplish that task automatically now. Again smarter than the previous generation.

hurt-feelings-report.jpg

You are proving their point. The reason there is a warning in owners manuals about drinking batteries is because the previous generation let their kids drink car batteries, then sued for it which caused the placement of the warning in the first place. And my generation doesn’t need to tune valves anymore because most engines are engineered to accomplish that task automatically now. Again smarter than the previous generation.
EXCEPT for those times the automatically 'tuned' valves don't. Or what I run into now is the 8KW generator needs to have the valve lash adjusted. The young guys don't even know what that means in the owner's manual. If you're one of those young guys, don't feel bad. Most of my generation (boomer) never wrenched either. I started at 6 (years old). You get really strange looks if the conversation ever goes that direction in a board room and you pipe up with specs for valve lash, or dwell, or point gap. It's almost like you are from Mars. What they don't realize is I'm looking at them like they are from Uranus. (most of them are an anus BTW)

Wow. This hits home on so many levels. Just lost my best friend to pancreatic cancer four weeks ago. In the three and a half years since his diagnosis he never went to a chemo treatment with his head hung low. He didn't run marathons, but we started and never stopped working on his retirement home and shop build every weekend.

I happened to read a recommendation to get a PSA check prior to 50 if you have a history of prostate cancer. Which my Dad had and survived. I had to insist that my doctor order one for me about 6 months ago. I never made it with Covid going on and my friends health turning south about the same time. Going to get it done this week. Motivation and a kick in the ass.
Get your PSA checked ! It was pure luck i started getting my psa checked at age 40. I had cancer at age 45. Had I not gone in for that first check up, I wouldn't be here now. Lost a friend to prostate cancer, he was 55, last few were brutal.

Your generation would become extinct inside of a week if a natural disaster took out your cell phone service.

And who do you think engineered the valve lifters that don't need adjustment? That's right, the generation that grew up adjusting them every 3000 miles....
I always get a chuckle when someone uses the "boomer" label as a derogatory term....usually made by someone who lives in a world invented by said boomers (cell phones, internet, cars with 400HP that get 25 mpg on the highway...) So yeah, I'm a boomer and damn proud of it

Last edited:
If you knew how much time I piss away at work replacing light bulbs, checking tyre pressures and shit like that, you wouldn't make statements like that...

Reactions: jphil108
Neringa Kriziute, just like the copy write in the posted picture shows. Which brings me to the obvious question if that picture should have been posted here at all and should it be removed?

Watermark does not equal copyright. All photos receive copyright when created. If they register it can increase damages is all, but a watermark isn't a requirement of that, and it's not an indicator of registration.

Reactions: lash
Neringa Kriziute, just like the copy write in the posted picture shows. Which brings me to the obvious question if that picture should have been posted here at all and should it be removed?

How am I supposed to read with that in my face? I seriously didn't even see any words

• Haha
Reactions: lash
EXCEPT for those times the automatically 'tuned' valves don't. Or what I run into now is the 8KW generator needs to have the valve lash adjusted. The young guys don't even know what that means in the owner's manual. If you're one of those young guys, don't feel bad. Most of my generation (boomer) never wrenched either. I started at 6 (years old). You get really strange looks if the conversation ever goes that direction in a board room and you pipe up with specs for valve lash, or dwell, or point gap. It's almost like you are from Mars. What they don't realize is I'm looking at them like they are from Uranus. (most of them are an anus BTW)
I am a boomer and forever grateful that I learned to work with my hands at an early age. Working on engines, welding and woodworking fascinated me and not only benefitted me in my professional career but provides a great sense of enjoyment to this day. Put myself through college as a welder and mechanic and the things I learned as a kid starting with tearing apart lawn mower engines prepared me for working on large industrial engines by Wauksha and Mini Mo in the oil field. Unfortunately many young folks today never get the opportunity to experience such. Its doubtful many kids today can't even change a flat tire.