• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1623435610811.png

I am a boomer and forever grateful that I learned to work with my hands at an early age. Working on engines, welding and woodworking fascinated me and not only benefitted me in my professional career but provides a great sense of enjoyment to this day. Put myself through college as a welder and mechanic and the things I learned as a kid starting with tearing apart lawn mower engines prepared me for working on large industrial engines by Wauksha and Mini Mo in the oil field. Unfortunately many young folks today never get the opportunity to experience such. Its doubtful many kids today can't even change a flat tire.

I too am a Boomer and I can do almost anything within reason. I rebuilt my first engine (Ford 302) at the age of 16. I've built additions onto my first house at the age of 22. I was tasked with doing a welding job (aluminum) for my son's high school football program.

We learned to use our hands for constructive causes.

Today's kids only know how to use their thumbs to play games and to type out a text on their phones. Now I know that's not true for all kids today because there are some like my kids that will get their hands dirty. I taught my daughter how to replace the brakes on her car. She was 17. My boys know how to gut a deer and butcher it well enough to not lose any meat.

All my kids know how to maintain an automobile properly.

I kinda fault our generation for not teaching them. Many wanted a better life for their kids, so they wouldn't have to work so hard. The only problem is that these kids never learned to work at all. There in lies the problem.

Neringa Kriziute, just like the copy write in the posted picture shows.

• Neringa has 7,118 followers on her Twitter account and 989.9 thousand followers on her Instagram account.

So apparently, people like to look at her, but no one gives a shit about anything she says.

I too am a Boomer and I can do almost anything within reason. I rebuilt my first engine (Ford 302) at the age of 16. I've built additions onto my first house at the age of 22. I was tasked with doing a welding job (aluminum) for my son's high school football program.

We learned to use our hands for constructive causes.

Today's kids only know how to use their thumbs to play games and to type out a text on their phones. Now I know that's not true for all kids today because there are some like my kids that will get their hands dirty. I taught my daughter how to replace the brakes on her car. She was 17. My boys know how to gut a deer and butcher it well enough to not lose any meat.

All my kids know how to maintain an automobile properly.

I kinda fault our generation for not teaching them. Many wanted a better life for their kids, so they wouldn't have to work so hard. The only problem is that these kids never learned to work at all. There in lies the problem.
Not true. I see plenty of young guys in the trades, and some of them are good at what they do. Not as many as years past, but there are lots of them.

Reactions: lash