• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

9731B35C-F0FF-40F1-804D-37B8C083580D.jpeg

I can tell you exactly that. "that's All, Brother" the C-47 that led the D Day invasion is based at San Marcos TX. Alamo Eagles, the Chapter of the 101st Airborne Division Association, is associated with them. We act as docents on Jr, the cabin mock up, and generally advise the public on our history in the back of that plane. They took us on a flight, where we demonstrated the jump commands for the passengers. The landing was soft, and sweet. The flight deck has all modern instruments, and new engines. The pilots are young, highly qualified, and immediately after our flight, took up three loads of Sky Divers.
oh, and no, us old guys don't jump anymore. Way to brittle.
My buddy, Tom.
ERA Aviation was our helo contractor in the Gulf. They also were owned by Alaska Air. They had a C-47 that flew at D-Day. It was outfitted to fly nostalgia flights around Alaska. They brought the plane to Houston and used it to fly to/from Houston to Sonora, TX to hunt. Several of the ERA pilots also flew/supported the Confederate AF. That was one rough ride with that rigid wing. One trip the weather was kinda bad and it was a choke and puke ride. My ERA friend was a (VN SF Sgt 1st tour, CWO helo pilot second tour, said he got tired of walking) was passing out trash bags on the flight. Leaving, a few days later we almost ended up wiping out part of the local golf course when we caught a cross wind when he just lifted off. It was a fun week. The pilot was one of the B17 pilots for the CAF. Our pilot out was their lead and owner of a A1 Skyraider. They had a some great people.

ERA Aviation was our helo contractor in the Gulf. They also were owned by Alaska Air. They had a C-47 that flew at D-Day. It was outfitted to fly nostalgia flights around Alaska. They brought the plane to Houston and used it to fly to/from Houston to Sonora, TX to hunt. Several of the ERA pilots also flew/supported the Confederate AF. That was one rough ride with that rigid wing. One trip the weather was kinda bad and it was a choke and puke ride. My ERA friend was a (VN SF Sgt 1st tour, CWO helo pilot second tour, said he got tired of walking) was passing out trash bags on the flight. Leaving, a few days later we almost ended up wiping out part of the local golf course when we caught a cross wind when he just lifted off. It was a fun week. The pilot was one of the B17 pilots for the CAF. Our pilot out was their lead and owner of a A1 Skyraider. They had a some great people.

I saw that plan land and taxi to our ramp in Talkeetna in 2002.
i dont remember why. But I remember the day.

I was in awe of her.