• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Mount suggestions please

DenverDave

Private
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2017
Following a recent spinal fusion surgery I’m having a lot of trouble getting comfortable behind my rifle. I’m thinking of trying mounting my scope higher (AR-15 height?)and going with a one piece mount so that I have the option to swap the scope (Burris XTR 2 4-20x50) onto my ARs from time to time.
The scope will primarily be on my 6.5 CM, Sav 10 in a XLR element chassis. QD would be nice but not necessarily. 20moa. Would like to stay in the sub $300 price range. Cantilever 1”-1.5”.
i have been checking out ADM, BOBRO, Midwest industrys, Seekins and Warne.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Last edited:
Since you said $300 you can find a spuhr on here for that much especially the 1.5 height. It’s not in demand as much so it sells for less. Hard to beat that mount with anything else IMO

@DenverDave Out of the ones listed ive played with Seekings rings and Bobro qds and both yielded good results.

I still use a Bobro QD on one of my ARs even tho im not a fan of anything QD on optics. I rather rely on a quality Tq limiter/wrench if for some reason i find myself moving glass between guns. I re zero and re level if i can so it sort of negates the whole QD magic for me.

The cantilever 0 moa/ 1.5" / 34mm / non QD spuhr is the 4016. The non QD / non cantilever / 1.5" / 0 moa / is the 4002

The 4016 demand might not be super high, but i can assure you that the demand for the 4002 is. A quick search bar exercise will prove that. Lowest ive seen is $310 and it lasted a few hours. They usually go for $325 to $350 and i think they are well worth the extra coin.