• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Mounting an Elite 6500 to a Sendero

xj92

Private
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2009
I have a Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-16x42 scope that I'll be mounting to a Rem 700 Sendero Rifle. I'm thinking of using a Burris 2-piece tactical base 410600 (or a Warne Maxima 2 pc base, they appear to be the same), along with Warne Medium Tactical Rings 614M. I'm trying to get the scope to mount as low as possible. Anybody tried this combo or know the dimensions of the base? I found the ring specs & dimensions, but not on Warne's site, so hopefully they're accurate. They show that the rings are either .350 or .375 from top of base to bottom of scope tube. From my rough measurements, I need at least .550" from the top of the receiver to the bottom of the scope tube. I have also considered 1-pc base, or Burris XTR rings if the above combo won't work out. I'd love some opinions.

Re: Mounting an Elite 6500 to a Sendero

EGW base and XTR rings. Have that setup on a sendero at this time and working fine. Used low rings and butler caps fit fine.

Thx for the info. I ordered the Burris 2-piece base last night because I didn't want the one piece to take up some of the room around the ejection slot. Since the companies are open now, I called Burris and found out their bases are .175” thick (tall) in the thinnest part of the middle. Called Warne as well and am waiting for a call back from them about their rings. How tall are the EGW bases? I didn't see that spec on their site.

XTR Rings have mixed reviews from what I've read. Most say they work fine, but more than a couple I've read say they keep coming loose, etc. Any problems with them because they're aluminum? Like stripping the threads? I have my bases on and after measuring low (.25") rings will work fine for me. I just have to decide which ones.