• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Moving 3500 pound safe?

Remember if your attempting to lift any part of this safe to lift with your lower back, leaving your legs completely out of the equation. The faster the lift the quicker it’s over so a sudden jerk is best

In all seriousness your biggest challenge is to get it up off the ground a few inches. As stated above metal pipes would be your best bet

• Haha
Reactions: deersniper
I’m about to move my 1800# safe again. A buddy of mine (who is Awesome!) has a set of the safe jacks, like the roll-a-longs in the first post, that he is willing to lend me again. Those jacks are a lifesaver. I use MDF to protect the floor and a prybar to get the jacks under each side of the safe. For the door threshold into the garage I’ll stack MDF and use an aluminum plate as a bridge. I could see doing a 900# safe on pipe or golf balls, but the 1800# monster is just too heavy for me to attempt it.

Reactions: deersniper
Remember if your attempting to lift any part of this safe to lift with your lower back, leaving your legs completely out of the equation. The faster the lift the quicker it’s over so a sudden jerk is best
Like this?

Reactions: hafejd30
If the floor is slanted, be careful of a runaway. It does not take much. For 3500 lbs I recommend 4 people, it has a lot of momentum to stop. I prefer bars made of solid steel, pvc and pipe may work, but at some point a lot of weight will be on 1 pipe. The key is a super heavy duty pry bar. Lift up one edge as high as you can, and slide a bar to just before the middle. You now have a very heavy unbalance teeter todder. Makes it easy to lift the other side and get a second bar under. Place a third bar just in front of safe and roll it on to it. Continue as necessary. Moved my friends 4800 lb safe that way a few times. We has 4 people and it was a struggle. Angling the bars to turn is a skill and may take a few times to learn.

Some of y’all haven’t read the whole thread. Safe is moved.

Now. Should I buy this for $500?

824744B3-E9A5-4A13-B9D6-F350A8A87A9D.jpeg
BF277300-8298-4BBC-ACB8-18A3997B81DF.jpeg

We have a move coming up, but mine weigh only about 1K each. I found this tool.

Mayflower.jpg