• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Moving to Ohio

Arizona8819

Private
Minuteman
May 5, 2021
Troy, Ohio
Hello, first post for me here on SH. Been lurking for quite a while, but I wanted to say hi and see if anyone has info on where to shoot in west Ohio. I'm moving to Troy for school, leaving the Army this month. I've been looking at the area on OnX for hunting waterfowl and deer and it's pretty discouraging not seeing a lot of public land like I'm used to, but hopefully someone can point me in the right direction!

Thunder Valley (up to a mile)
Raynor's Range (1000-1200yds)
Southington Hunt club (not sure, I think 800yds max)
Cardinal Shooting (HUGE sporting clays place. Lapua Indoor .22 precision test site is located here)
Richwood Gun and Game Club (small but great all around range. 300yd max rifle)

Achilles Heel Tactical is a phenomenal training org based out of Rittman, OH

If you shoot pistol, there's even more places that host USPSA matches

Reactions: Arizona8819
Great information! Thank you much. I shoot pistol, AR, and want to get into long range. Reading Ryan Cleckners Long Range Shooting Handbook so I may repurpose one or two of my rifles to learn long range shooting.

Hello, first post for me here on SH. Been lurking for quite a while, but I wanted to say hi and see if anyone has info on where to shoot in west Ohio. I'm moving to Troy for school, leaving the Army this month. I've been looking at the area on OnX for hunting waterfowl and deer and it's pretty discouraging not seeing a lot of public land like I'm used to, but hopefully someone can point me in the right direction!
Good Deer and waterfowl hunting would be eastern Ohio. Several thousand acres of state owned and AEP owned public hunting with wetlands scattered all thru it.
Also several shooting ranges amongst us as well.

Reactions: Arizona8819