• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MPA 6 Creed Impact action - misaligned scope and NV bases

Oporko

Private
Minuteman
Aug 22, 2021
TX
F25AD375-122A-467D-B077-9F31B5DC4F22.png
Hey guys,

Long story short. I ordered an MPA custom rifle on Impact action. Haven’t shot it yet, but upon inspection there is a 1.5 degree levelling difference between scope & NV bridge bases (pic attached, you kinda can see it, confirmed with Bosch digital level). Everything is tight. Reached out to MPA, was on the phone with Woody for about an hour. He took a day and came back with an email below. It still annoys me. Am I overthinking it, should let it be and just shoot it?

MPA’s response:
On occasion, we have seen some bow in the chassis after machining. This typically comes from the raw material not being square and straight. We actually put a straightness inspection on the chassis material blank after the saw cutting operation.
These occurrences have been rare, and the amount of bow varies. With material stresses and the variety of machining ops that occur on these chassis, it's not reasonable to expect the part to be perfectly straight.
Over the years, we have tested these chassis that have some level of straightness concerns. Without fail, provided the inlet area is straight, and the barrel does not touch the fore-end at any location, accuracy of the rifle is not affected.
Each chassis is inspected for the inlet straightness and there are in process inspections for the fore-end straightness.
Also, on your specific chassis, the inlet markings (from the action on the v-bedding) was perfect. Very straight and consistent, on the front and back v-bed.

1.5°? You dont have anything better to do with your time?
That’s a quick measurement, 2 minutes and done. But you can visually see the misalignment looking from behind the action 🤷‍♂️ OCD of some degree just doesn’t let it be, so I’m asking here 😂

What is up with the left clamp holding the level in place?

What is up with the left clamp holding the level in place?
I shimmed it. To align the level with the level in Spuhr mount. So it’s either shitty level or chassis and base aren’t aligned. I honestly thought it’s the former.
Upd: but now looking at it, that’s roughly the cant of the scope base…

Last edited: