• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mr. Scott Parker, scale accurizing.

Tango down

Minuteman
Dec 2, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Hello

I want to be as fair as possible and other members' opinions/personal experience might differ (I do hope so, it would make me feel a bit better) but I am a bit concerned; this is my experience, so far, with Mr. Scott Parker.
I purchased a used Ohaus/Lyman M5 made in USA on Ebay and sent it to Mr Parker in February 2017 with a check for $85, fee that he requested for his work. I knew it might take a few months, so was not expecting it back rapidly and was in no hurry. It is now 8 months later and still no scale back. After several months, I contacted Mr Parker to know if he could give me an ETA for the scale but it was not easy to get an answer to my texts, or calls. I did get a "I will ship you the scale back next week" but this was several months ago and still no scale. I got a call from Mr Parker on July 18, saying he would be shipping the scale back within a week but...nothing. Texted Mr. Parker on August 6, 10 and 16 to know if he did ship the scale, as I did not receive it but no answer. Received a text on August 24 from Mr. Parker saying "Sorry, been laid up with pneumonia"; I texted him right back but never heard from him again.
I understand life can be difficult and complicated and I wish Mr. Parker a fast recovery, it is never fun to be down with pneumonia and if anyone has a different, or similar experience with Mr. Scott Parker; could you please share it with us? Did anyone spoke to him lately? I am a patient guy... waited for a Tac Ops for almost 2 years; thanks Mike, outstanding rifle!
Looking forward to compare the accuracy of a "Scott Parker scale" compare to my other scales, soon hopefully!

Scott's scales are well worth the wait-mine is single kernel of H4350 sensitive, not subject to electronic foibles, and has improved my SD/ES purely because of it's repeatable accuracy. That said, this is more his passion than a business enterprise, and he can be slow to respond-which can certainly challenge your patience, but that will all disappear when you put it in use. Hang in there, he'll make it right.

Yep, that's basically what you need to expect when ordering a Scott Parker scale. Long list of people wanting it, he's a busy guy with a regular life so progress can be slow on getting things done and shipped. Just expect that it will take another 6 months or longer, but send a friendly email wishing him well and inquiring into status every month or two so that he remembers you're on the list. You may not get a reply, but at least you won't get lost in the shuffle.

I ordered and paid for one in May of 2015. Emailed a few times and forgot about it. I remembered it and called him in May of 2016. He said I would have it in a week. In October of 2016 I called and asked for a refund. I got the refund relatively quickly.

I would never recommend him. I was told it would be a couple months so I waited several months and sent an email to see what was going on. I got the oh it's going out next week bullshit and never got anything so I contacted him again. This time he said it was shipped earlier in the week so I waited about a week and a half for the scale to arrive. It never showed up so I got in touch with him again and told him to just refund my money. Funny how all of a sudden it would ship tomorrow. I have another USA scale that hasn't been touched that works just as good so I can't help but wonder if he actually did anything to it. I get that it's something he does on the side but you always hear the same old story. I don't care if something takes a year to get but just fucking say so rather than blowing a bunch of smoke up people's asses.

I'm in the same boat. April 2017 ordered an "in stock" scale that would be shipped within a month. Talked to him in July and was told it would ship that week. Now I can't get ahold of him through phone, text, or Facebook. I'm willing to wait but a little communication would be nice.

Wow I was considering sending my scale to him but pretty glad I didn't. That sucks.

Same here. I ordered one in January. In the beginning of February he said it was shipping on Wednesday. After emailing once or twice a month and him telling me he was dripping in the mail that week, it finally got here in June.

It is a good piece of equipment and he won't rip you off but there is no telling how long it will take. I was put off by the "I'll ship it on Monday". Tell me it will be four months; I can wait. Don't blow smoke for four months.

That was my first thought when I saw this post but I tried the more political correct approach. Human resources is finally making progress with me lol

It pisses me off when i hear excuses of why people cannot deliver on what people have paid for. Either be a business man or GTFO, it is that simple. No one wants to hear the cry show as to why someone cant deliver. That Pete Roedale or whatever the hell his name is was classic. He had an excuse for everything including his damn dog dying. I shit you not. People like Scott Parker need to have their ass prosecuted for stealing. Or his ass beat, one of the two. Scumbag.

I emailed him about 3 weeks ago asking if he could tune my scale and if not what kind do I need to send to him. He responded 2-3 days later (plenty fast for my liking) that he could sell me one of his for $185. I did not take him up on that as I'm still considering digital.

I emailed him about 3 weeks ago asking if he could tune my scale and if not what kind do I need to send to him. He responded 2-3 days later (plenty fast for my liking) that he could sell me one of his for $185. I did not take him up on that as I'm still considering digital.

My tuned scale from him simply serves as a backup in case my digital scale were to die at an inopportune time. I'm faster and more accurate loading with my GemPro 250. The tuned scale is a big improvement from my prior un-tuned RCBS 510 scale though.

This is the way he rolls. Waited six months to contact him with no response. Waited another two months and crickets. Finally went on another forum to find out if there was maybe a medical problem with him that others had heard about. Was not bashing, just asking. Got spanked. After another month started leaving messages and pms asking for my refund. After untold pms and messages, finally got a refund.

My tuned scale from him simply serves as a backup in case my digital scale were to die at an inopportune time. I'm faster and more accurate loading with my GemPro 250.

My EXACT situation. Took me 6 months to get mine. You have to keep bugging him constantly. As long as you go in with extremely low expectations with regards to turn around time and communication, you'll be ok.

I tuned my own old rcbs/ohaus 505 by myself. Anything that pivoted got polished and the edge that balances got a nice sharp edge from diamond stones. Glued a needle to the pointer so it would overlap the balance marked line. It measures single kernals and settles nicely while weighing. Much cheaper than his price.

I tuned my own old rcbs/ohaus 505 by myself. Anything that pivoted got polished and the edge that balances got a nice sharp edge from diamond stones. Glued a needle to the pointer so it would overlap the balance marked line. It measures single kernals and settles nicely while weighing. Much cheaper than his price.

Always wondered exactly what he does, and why the new scales are untunable in his opinion

From what I have heard the foreign made scales have more casting and less machining. Castings are less precise. Talked the him about getting a scale last January. My plans changed and I haven't done one yet. I recently got a 10-10. I will play with it for a while and see what I think compared to other scales. I don't like trickling on a Gempro. My 505 and PACT are within a tenth of a grain of each other. I haven't compared to the Gempro yet. All three agree with check weights.

I’m in the same boat as the rest of you. Sent payment early February, said it would deliver by third week of March. After repeated texts got one response apologizing for the delay and that it would ship out the following Monday( April 8).and still haven’t seen anything or gotten a reply. Not sure what to do now.

If you want an honest to God milligram scale that doesn't use batteries....and has "grains" for a weighing unit, you could always get one of these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vertex-Dwm...AOSwsRlcunlK:sc:FedExHomeDelivery!98264!US!-1

This is called a milligram "Torsion Balance". This is what Pharmacies trusted up until about a couple of decades ago. They are all over ebay in varying conditions. The one I posted above is brand new in original packaging.

#ZombieThread
The recommendations for Mr. Parkers services are still being handed out. His record of service has not improved. He has members of at least 3 different sites pissed at him. So, old but still relevant.

parker should be avoided at all costs, does not respond. Business is about as shady as you can get....

People are still fighting this shit with him? Why the hell would people deal with the bullshit and order one after seeing threads like this on damn near every site.

Reactions: 1snowcat
I waited 6mons for mine and very frustrated. He finally delivered and his scales are money. It is very accurate but his business practice is terrible.

A 1 star negative review on his fb page after a 9 month wait of runaround excuses got a refund within an hour. Wouldnt recommend just on dealing with the BS alone.