• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MRMBC, Missouri...Its on

gugubica

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2005
Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri
The time has come...

Its on...again.

This is a high level, extremely challenging, professional level tactical precision shooting match. This is your chance to put it on the line against the best shooters in the Country. You will be challenged with multiple stages set in natural terrain. ---If you find this at all intimidating, don't worry. We are hosting the same match for intermediate shooters on March 16. You will shoot the same stages in a more relaxed, instructional environment. It will still be competitive, but there will be some experienced shooters on hand to give tips and tricks. We guaranty that you will get some good hits and have a great time. If you are interested in getting involved in this sport, this is an excellent opportunity.---

This is a PRS points match.

March 8-10.

Located 15 minutes from Camdenton, Missouri on 270 acres.

You can expect a Friday evening safety briefing, zero range and dinner (provided) as well as the first stage for score. Saturday will be a full day of shooting and Sunday will have a half day of shooting as well as the awards ceremony. There will be a 50/50 Calcutta Friday night, the winner of which will head home with a pocket full of cash.

Some stages will involve physical activity, shooting in natural terrain, high angle shooting, short range targets, long range targets and lots of challenges.

You will need to bring 200 rounds of rifle ammo and 70 rounds of pistol ammo.

You will need a scoped, center fire rifle that you are very familiar with, a pistol, extra magazines for both and a method of carrying weapons and gear safely.

Laser rangefinders are permitted, and in fact, encouraged. Some stages will require you to not use them, but most are fair game.

Any pistol will be acceptable. Rifle may be any caliber up to a 30 caliber projectile with a muzzle velocity at or below 3150 fps.

Bring an open mind, able body and mental sharpness...a calculator would be a good idea too.

Now, the good part; all proceeds from this match will be split between AmericanSniper.org (ASO) and Children's Learning Center (CLC). ASO is a non profit organization who's mission is to get the necessary gear to the men and women on the front line defending our freedom so they can save lives, complete missions and get home safely. CLC is a non profit agency that provides early childhood development instruction and therapy to children with disabilities. These are both great organizations that are making a real difference in peoples lives. Match fee will be $195 per competitor.

Registration will open December 8, 2012 at 12:00 pm CST. If you wish to compete, send an email to [email protected] with your name, T Shirt size and contact information indicating that you wish to compete. Instructions will be forwarded back to the email you used.

If you directed or ROed a PRS match in 2012, you will have a 24 hour head start (my way of saying thanks). If this is you, send the email December 7 at 12:00 pm CST. Include the above information and which match you worked or directed.

I am reserving slots for Active Duty Military, current LEOs and sponsors. If this applies to you, let me know in the email.

If you wish to register for the Introductory match, don't send an email on the above dates. Registration for this match opens December 15 at 12:00 CST, send emails then with all the above information.

There are lodging, dining and shopping opportunities in Camdenton. There are a lot more options in Osage Beach, which is an additional 20 or so minutes away...pretty much anything you want.

Prepare yourself, its gonna be good.

If you are interested in ROing/coaching either match, send me an email any time. You will be provided on site lodging in an amazing lodge, food and drink. You will be able to shoot the entire course of fire and have a great time.

If you are interested in helping or sponsoring, send me an email any time. This a is an opportunity to donate to a wonderful cause, support shooting sports and use a charitable tax deduction. Also, if you want to send representatives and demo products, there will be a large, indoor, secure area for displaying items and prime visual space for banners at the entrance to the facility.

Re: MRMBC, Missouri...Its on

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TRAAV</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I plan on being there </div></div>

You're going to enjoy it!

This is an awesome setup Brian. You are going above and beyond. I will be there both weekends. Daughter gets to shoot the second weekend, and she can't wait!

Bill

Bill, that is awesome. That's exactly what I was hoping to see. I really would like a lot of youth shooters at the Intro match.

Please note the registration date change. I did not realize that it was during the finale, so I pushed it back one week...like they needed to worry about this while shooting!

PRS Match- December 8
MD/ROs- December 7
Intro Match- Still December 15

Wish I had known about the intro match earlier. I woulda made sure that date was open.

I'll try to see if I can get some things shuffled around... if not, time to embarrass myself among the pros
smile.gif

No worries wallace, everyone at this match is always willing to help out. Long range precision competitors are far and away the best I have ever shot with. C'mon down and shoot either weekend, you'll learn so much and have a blast too.

Bill

does this range or competition have a website with additional details of exactly what will be expected of the participants?
thank you

We do not have a dedicated URL. Check out the Facebook page for pictures and videos of last years match. This will give you a good idea of the type of stages you could encounter.

This sounds awesome. I have been looking for a match to shoot and this one is near home.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gugubica</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry, I forgot to mention the fee for the Intermediate match is $100. It is not the same as the PRS match. </div></div>

Awesome.

Quick reminder:

Registration for the Midwest Rifle Master Benefit Challenge opens starting in one week.

If you directed or ROed a PRS match in 2012, you can send and email Friday, Dec. 7at noon!

If not, general Registration opens 24 hours later.

Stupid question that I do not want to start a thread for: (did a search, came up with diddly)

But for this, or other typical PRS comps, what kinda target dimensions are used for 300-800? (I know alot of the closer targets are various things, apples, golf balls, coins) I'm just curious as to the level of accuracy I need to practice for.

The target sizes vary...usually depending on the difficulty of the shot. Some may be sub MOA, but these are honestly rare. Some are up to 3 or 4 MOA, but are still a bitch to hit.

If one can shoot 1 MOA throughout and entire course, they would be a bad ass. Realistically, that should be the goal, though.

If you can clean practice sessions with 1 MOA targets and actually hit anything up to 2 MOA in a match, you will do quite well.

On a good day, I can stay just under MOA out to 800. On a typical day I am about 1.25-1.75. On a bad day I can be up to 2 or even near 3. First round hits beyond 650 are something I have yet to accomplish even on my best days.

Hope for a good day, keep practicing, and MAYBE I won't completely suck
smile.gif
I just got done fireforming the last lot of brass for this match, got 250rds ready to go. (I figure a few extra for zero, and cause I suck) Can't wait to learn and shoot next March!

Very interested in the intermediate division. Only thing holding me back is my lack of a rifle to compete with, still waiting on my GAP10, which hopefully won't be much longer!

RayDog, we would love to have you back. I really enjoyed talking with you last year.

Cropins, there will be a couple of stages that won't get shot on the second match. They are very challenging, so we will modify them a bit. The vast majority are going to be the exact same.

Don't forget, general registration opens tomorrow at noon, CST.

We need an email to [email protected] with the following information

Name
PRS # (if applicable)
T-shirt size
Contact information

I will sort through the emails and get a confirmation email out as soon as possible.

Brian, your introductory match is a great idea, I think any-one who is interested in these matches and has never shot one would be well advised to sign up for that match. I had a local fellow call me today who never shot one of these before and was asking about how to get started and I recommended this match to him. Sure would make the learning curve alot easier.

I sent mine at 12:00 sharp on my iPhone. It said it didn't send so I may have double tapped. It was in my sent messages twice. Hopefully it doesn't cause any confusion. Looking forward to it!!!

I was at the K&M match Saturday when registration opened. I sent an email from my phone, but the reception out there is horrible. We'll see what happens. I am very excited about this match. Sounds like the turnout will be very good.

Quick update,

I got a ton of emails. We are already overfull with a waiting list.

I am going to take more shooters than I planned to try and get more people in, but, there will still be some on the wait list.

I will finish sorting through the emails and get confirmations out soon.

Made it in again also...hopefully this time I'll actually be able to make it down to shoot it.