• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

MSG91 3.5" at 630yards

HK MaNiaK

Private
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2012
I got a ptr mgs91 a few weeks ago and I picked up a Leopold rifle man 3-9x40 to see how it would do in the meantime. I was shooting on a flat range the wind was about 5mph left, after sighting it in at 100 yards I went straight to 630yards and I made the 1st 3 rounds that spread across the plate to get adjusted then I took another 3 shots and made a 3.5" group. In the picture I have a different setup then when I was shooting I had a harris bipod on and the leopuld I returned.

Re: MSG91 3.5" at 630yards

Thanks! I also forgot to add that I was shooting 145gr prvi.

Very impressive. I don't see the bracing bars on the side. What barrel are you using?
Forgot to add there is kind of a "ban" on the 3 shot group.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I don't see the bracing bars on the side. </div></div>

looks like it was hung by the top two holes probably.

Grizz is right, I had chains attached to the 2 holes at top and hung it up on a tree. It is a green mountain barrel with a 1:10 twist rate. I guess Ill just have to do a 10 shot group soon.

I must be missing something. I was asking about the bracing bars that get welded to the side of the receiver to make the MSG91. Let me see if I can find a picture of what I mean. The bars that are welded to the area that the retractable stock rails slide on.
Argh my bad they were put on the PSG1
standing.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I must be missing something. I was asking about the bracing bars that get welded to the side of the receiver to make the MSG91. Let me see if I can find a picture of what I mean. The bars that are welded to the area that the retractable stock rails slide on.
Argh my bad they were put on the PSG1</div></div>

The T-rails (welded to the receiver to add rigidity/strength) are/were also used on the true HK MSG-90 and MSG-90A1 rifles (not on the MSG-91 "one off" from PTR/JLD though which shares very little in common with the true HK rifles).

To the OP...nice shooting (albeit only a 3-shot group)!
wink.gif
Every one of the MSG-91 rifles I have seen/shot have been capable of outstanding accuracy provided decent ammo is used and the shooter does their part. They are excellent HK-91 clone/variant rifles for the money!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I must be missing something. I was asking about the bracing bars that get welded to the side of the receiver to make the MSG91. Let me see if I can find a picture of what I mean. The bars that are welded to the area that the retractable stock rails slide on.
Argh my bad they were put on the PSG1</div></div>

The T-rails (welded to the receiver to add rigidity/strength) are/were also used on the true HK MSG-90 and MSG-90A1 rifles (not on the MSG-91 "one off" from PTR/JLD though which shares very little in common with the true HK rifles).

To the OP...nice shooting (albeit only a 3-shot group)!
wink.gif
Every one of the MSG-91 rifles I have seen/shot have been capable of outstanding accuracy provided decent ammo is used and the shooter does their part. They are excellent HK-91 clone/variant rifles for the money!</div></div>
Thanks ORD. I thought I was right but then went to look at a few online pics and didn't see the rails so I just figured I was mistaken.

That's very nice. I'm glad to hear that you like it. I've read so many good reviews about that model that I'll be getting one soon from a fellow Hider and can't wait. I'm debating on glass though. I keep going back to the idea of the Eotech like you have there with a magnifier for a little assistance with downrange placement.

This rifle is really nice, I found out that I am able to put up to a 14 inch scope on my gun until it gets in the way of the charging handle so for my current budget Im thinking of getting the vortex viper PST 4-16x50 first focal http://www.sportoptics.com/VortexPST-416F1-M.aspx , I choose this scope because I plan on going out past 1000yards regularly.