• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Mueller APT 4-14x40

Re: Mueller APT 4-14x40

I ahve some questions about it.

1/4" clicks?

It has actual mil dot, right?

How much elevation does it have?

Ill prolly get one for my ar! Thanks for the review.

Shay

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _Shay_</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ahve some questions about it.

1/4" clicks?</div></div>
yes

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _Shay_</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It has actual mil dot, right?</div></div>
yes it is an actual mildot...it ranges at 10 power...which is marked in green writing instead of white.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _Shay_</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How much elevation does it have?</div></div>
i think i counted around 88 to 90 inches of travel on the scope. it has a ton for what it is. on top of that i mounted mine on a 20 moa rail, and i have dialed upto 60 extra moa just for grins, and it still had travel left.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _Shay_</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ill prolly get one for my ar! Thanks for the review.

Shay </div></div>you will enjoy it...

Well, just ordered mine. I cant wait to get it!

I dont know why it weighs more than the tacII, may be due to the 30 mm tube... i just dont know...Rich at Mueller would be the guy to ask.

as for is it better than the tac II, I have never used or played with one, so for an objective opinion, i cant comment.

I bought mine from Dennis at Mizzoumule out of alaska...like i said before, he is a stand up guy, never done me wrong. he specalizes in mostly 10/22 stuff, ruger mk I, II, III, Browning Buckmarks. but he is starting to venture into the AR field.

just to give an example of his customer service, when i ordered my scope, i also ordered some Tac Sol 30mm rings (warnne maxima's) when the scope got to my house, there were no rings to be found...the packing slip said rings, scope, and shade. i called dennis up that day, and even though it was the close of business saturday, he had the rings to me (zero charge) by wed. morning...his distribution center is in misouri i think...the best part is he even called me wed. afternoon to ensure personally that they got there.
I have never dealt with SWFA, but i understand that they are just as standup as Dennis, but you go with what/who you know.

ive been eyeing the silver avp for a stainless 10/22. i wish someone made a tacticool scope in silver. thought about painting a tac 2 silver. id like the scopes to match...

i dont think it would hurt the scope any to "transform" it silver

Ordered mine up from Dennis today. Got some SWFA 30mm rings coming as well. This really does seem like the best deal for an inexpensive scope. If the glass is better than my prostaff, I'll be happy.

Thinks Im goin to order one for the hell of it and put it on my sons new 308. Hope it doesnt shoot the glass out...lol! Never been a cheap scope man until now when funds are limited. I can always get him something better down the road.

Got a reply from mueller

The APT is a pretty heavy duty scope and the larger 30mm tube adds allot more surface area and weight to the scope. Actually the 4-16 Tactical weighs 22oz.. We just uploaded a new site and need to make that correction today.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbosa22c</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

i only counted 76moa elevation on mine </div></div>

i think they advertise 70+. mine had 84 elev total. You may need to run them up and down a few times to get a good count.

Howdy

Got mine from Dennis today. The scope got here in 2 days, the damn rings from SWFA arent going to get here till Monday (sucks).

The scope is amazing. I compared it side by side to my Nikon Prostaff and my Elite 3200, and it beat them out hands down in clarity and brightness. The adjustments and knobs all seem very heavy duty and smooth. The sunshade is also a nice addition.

All in all, I am extremely happy. Even at $300 I would have been happy.

Well you guys cinched it for me. I'm getting one of the 4.5x14 APT's for my Savage MK II TR (which will be arriving tomorrow)! Now on to ring selection. What do you guys like???
Steve

Mine came in the mail today! This scope is great! It looks really nice on my AR, but I dont know how th take the turrets off and set it to zero. Can anyone tell me?

Got mine last week from Mizzou Mule. Mounted it on my 10/22. Very happy for the money. Also ended up with a Quickshot. Haven't shot with it yet, but looks go so far.

I'm going to have to get one now. I love my Tac II and would like to see how the APT compares.

Im glad everyone is liking these little scopes. I dont think the glass will comlare to the tac II but it is still a very clear solid scope with mueller standing behind it.

howdy

honestly, my next one will be the mueller 8-32x44 as a target scope most likely ill put it in the same rings and hopefully it will hold zero as well as they say

Took mine out to sight in today. This little gem is excellent for the money. 14x is clear as a bell, the eye relief is perfect, and the adjustments seem spot on.

I'm very happy for $145 shipped.

Sounds like being "Made in China" isn't so bad after all.

Can anyone verify that? I really couldn't care less as long as it gets the job done.

I was at my FFL tranfer guys place yesterday and he had some Mueller brochures and we got to talking about them. He had bought some for resale and in our conversion he said "Made in China" is on the boxes. And Mueller Optics sorta mislead him by not being upfront about that. (by omission)

I couldnt find the APT in the mizzou wesbite. Only the APV. Not looking hard enough or what?

you have to email or call him...its there...come to think of it its on the front page

Ok im going to bring this thread back. Now after most of you have had yours for a year do you still like them? looking for a scope to put on my 10/22 but im not sure what to go with.

I had a couple of them, however, I sold them and got the Weaver 3-10x MIL/MIL scopes for a couple of 1022 tactical cool builds with 24in barrels. Weaver is on sale right now (midwayusa) and they are offering a free back pack for any grand slam scope.

John

Bringing this back from the dead again.

I own a Mueller APV that I use on a 10/22 and I have been very pleased with its performance.

I have .223 AR-15 (Daniel Defense M4 Upper) and an LR-308 build.

I have optics on neither rifle at the moment. I've been shooting the AR-15 with irons for the past couple of years.

Obviously, I want to get a set of optics for the LR-308. I'm leaning heavily towards the SWFA Super Sniper 3-9x40 group buy, which goes for $599.

I don't have the disposable cash at the moment to splurge on the Super Sniper, but I could conceivably purchase an APT, use it on the LR-308 for a while, and swap it over to me AR-15 when I get the Super Sniper 3-9x40.

For those that have used the APT on a .308 platform, how has it held up?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BiggSean</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
For those that have used the APT on a .308 platform, how has it held up? </div></div>

I ran an APT on a .300WinMag.
Worked good.
Only had 60moa up so eventually swapped it out for something with more travel.

I got my APV on my 10/22 sighted in, i like it but i have a question.

Mine feels like the eye relief range is very small and that i must be in the perfect spot or the picture is hell, as well as if my head is tilted even the slightest bit left or right i cant see out of the scope... in other words my head has to be PERFECT and it cant move at all. anyone notice this?

also, i can see a screw that is on the inside of the scope when looking through it, it looks like its right inside of the eye piece lens but i cant tell. Anyone else see one??

Well guys, I am really torn here.

Midway has the Weaver Tactical Grand Slam on sale right now for only $299. As you guys know, this is a mil/mil and assembled in Japan.

I didn't want to spend this much right now, however I would really prefer a mil/mil on all of my rifles due to the intuitive nature of its use.

The ONLY thing I'm a little concerned with is it's lack of adjustment for elevation (16.5 Mil / 56 moa).

What say everyone?